Hertz - Compare Car Rental Deals with Skyscanner
Why use Skyscanner?
- 2 million users - Every month Skyscanner helps more than 2 million people compare car rental providers. So you can search all car rentals with Hertz on one website
- 800 providers worldwide - We compare over 800 car rental providers including some of the biggest names
- No fees - We don't charge you any commission, so you get the same price as if you'd gone directly to the rental company itself
In 1918 in Chicago, a business-savvy, entrepreneurial 22-year-old, Walter L. Jacobs, repainted and repaired a dozen Model T Fords from which he began his "car rental" business. In an incredible 5-year period, his humble little company was generating over $1 million in annual revenue!
Unsurprisingly, business-minded John Hertz, the man behind the longwinded but successful Yellow Cab and Yellow Truck and Coach Manufacturing Company, bought the business in 1923, keeping Walter on as a company executive. Changing the business name to the also "not-quite-so-catchy" title of Hertz Drive-Ur-Self System, Hertz sold what is now a worldwide car rental brand to General Motors who became the proud owners in 1926.
Today, the Hertz Corporation is one of the largest car rental companies in the United States with offices in over 145 countries around the world! This year, buoyed by vast expansion and flattering accolades, Hertz move their headquarters from New Jersey to the sunny streets and blue skies of Florida.
Hertz not only offers a fantastic range of cars, vans and trucks to rent and nifty extras such as mini iPads, ski racks, snow tires and snow chains, should the destination require them; but they also have in place a buyback scheme where they regularly sell off many of their 1-year-old ex-rental cars. Customers from locations as far-flung as the Middle East and Asia to Europe and the US are driving away a Hertz's ex-rental bargains.
An infamous year for Hertz was 1966. This was the year Hertz employed famous racing car designer Carroll Shelby to develop and modify the GT350H Mustang. One thousand cars were used for rental purposes, then sold to customers after a year of use. What was discovered by many customers who purchased one of these rare Mustangs was the disappearance of the original engine! It transpired that customers would rent them for a weekend, swap the engines for theirs and return them to Hertz. This "rent-a-racer" program, now famous in the US, also included Corvettes and Jaguars.
Most popular searches performed by our users this month:
- Car rental from Alamo
- Car rental from Argus Car Hire
- Car rental from Atlas Choice
- Car rental from Car Rental Express
- Car rental from CarDelMar
- Car rental from Dollar
- Car rental from Easirent
- Car rental from East Coast RAC
- Car rental from Economy Bookings
- Car rental from Economy Rent A Car
- Car rental from Enterprise
- Car rental from Europcar
- Car rental from Fox Rent A Car
- Car rental from GotRentalCars
- Car rental from Hertz
- Car rental from holidayautos
- Car rental from Instant Cabs
- Car rental from National
- Car rental from Orbitz
- Car rental from Ren@navi Global
- Car rental from rent.it
- Car rental from rentalcars.com
- Car rental from Right Cars
- Car rental from Sixt
- Car rental from Thrifty
- Car rental from Zuzuche