National Car - Compare Car Rental Deals with Skyscanner
Why use Skyscanner?
- 2 million users - Every month Skyscanner helps more than 2 million people compare car rental providers. So you can search all car rentals with National Car on one website
- 800 providers worldwide - We compare over 800 car rental providers including some of the biggest names
- No fees - We don't charge you any commission, so you get the same price as if you'd gone directly to the rental company itself
In 1947, twenty-four individual car rental providers decide to join forces and combine their vehicles and their office locations to create National Car Rental. This merger would lead their company to become a world leader in the car rental business, with a reputation for outstanding personal service. National Rent a Car were one of the first in the business to come up with the idea of the 'one-way' rental service; giving customers the opportunity to rent a car from any National Car Rental location and drop in off at an alternative one of their convenience; meaning much more flexibility for the holidaymaker and a whole new market for National Car Rental - the one way traveller!
They were also among the most tech savvy of the car rental companies at that time, being one of the first to employ the use of computers in their everyday operations. While National Car Rental was hugely popular with holidaymakers, the business traveller also quickly cottoned on to the merits of National Car Rental and the company moved into the corporate sector with ease.
Inspired perhaps by the fabled Emerald City, National Car Rental's 'Emerald Club' and 'Emerald Aisle' offered returning customers a computer-based re-booking service without paperwork and the option for them to select their vehicle of choice. This would ensure that anyone in a hurry could book a car with ease and avoid standing in queues at the rental desks. There were also VIP memberships where points could be accrued and claimed back as 'free-rental' days. This led to the 'Quick Rent' scheme that gave even those without Emerald Membership the chance to benefit from a speedier service.
The Taylor family, who are the founders of 'Enterprise Holdings', seized the opportunity to get heir hands on such an established and profitable business and took over National Car Rental in 2007, adding it to their ever-growing list of acquired car rental firms!
Most popular searches performed by our users this month:
- Car rental from Alamo
- Car rental from Argus Car Hire
- Car rental from Atlas Choice
- Car rental from Car Rental Express
- Car rental from CarDelMar
- Car rental from Dollar
- Car rental from Easirent
- Car rental from East Coast RAC
- Car rental from Economy Bookings
- Car rental from Economy Rent A Car
- Car rental from Enterprise
- Car rental from Europcar
- Car rental from Fox Rent A Car
- Car rental from GotRentalCars
- Car rental from Hertz
- Car rental from holidayautos
- Car rental from Instant Cabs
- Car rental from National
- Car rental from Orbitz
- Car rental from Ren@navi Global
- Car rental from rent.it
- Car rental from rentalcars.com
- Car rental from Right Cars
- Car rental from Sixt
- Car rental from Thrifty
- Car rental from Zuzuche