Aeromexico Cheap Flights
Aeromexico was founded in 1934 by Antonio Diaz Lombardo with a maiden flight from Mexico City to Acapulco. Throughout the 1940s, the airline continued to grow thanks to Pan Am, who owned 25% of the company. The airline was nationalized in 1959, then expanded greatly in the 1970s under a government plan. As routes were added and the carrier acquired larger aircrafts, Aeromexico grew to become the largest airline in Latin America and the flag carrier of Mexico.
Today Aeromexico works in alliance with Delta Airlines to share all costs and profits. The airline continues to expand in both size and technology, becoming the first airline with a chatbot that lets customers search and book flights via Facebook.
Aeromexico has an impressive on-time performance record, with nearly 90% of all flights arriving on-time. The carrier also ranks high among major airlines for scheduled flights completed with a 99% completion performance.
Aeromexico operates from many airports around the world, with its largest hub located at Mexico City International Airport. The airline also has hubs in Cancun, Monterrey, Tijuana, and Guadalajara. At Skyscanner, you can book Aeromexico flights to nearly any destination in just moments. Use the search everywhere tool for inspiration, or sign up for price alerts to make sure you always get the best prices.
At Skyscanner, you can book your flight with Aeromexico to a number of domestic locations, including:
- San Jose del Cabo, Baja California - Fly nonstop from Mexico City International on one of at least two daily flights to the resort city. Arrive in just two hours and 20 minutes for around $206.
- Acapulco, Guerrero - For just $72, head south from the Mexican capital to the Pacific coast town in 1 hour and 20 minutes on any of the 28 weekly flights.
- Cancun, Quintana Roo - Looking for a fun weekend trip? Choose from more than 15 flights per day, and fly nonstop to Cancun for as little as $99. You'll arrive in just over two hours.
- Guadalajara, Jalisco - For $129, book one of over 400 monthly flights to Guadalajara. The flight time of this route is just 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Queretaro, Querétaro - With 80 flights per month from Mexico City to Queretaro, fly nonstop for an average of $155 and arrive in just an hour.
- Tijuana, Baja California - Fly west to the Pacific coast in Tijuana starting at just $129. Book one of 42 weekly flights that operate on the route and arrive in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche - If you prefer the Gulf coast, head over to Ciudad del Carmen on one of 56 monthly flights. Book a flight for just $287 and reach your destination in a little over an hour and a half.
- Monterrey, Nuevo Leon - For just $163, fly from Mexico City to Monterrey. Aeromexico offers over 500 monthly flights operating on the route with a flight time of about 2 hours.
- Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas - Arrive in Nuevo Laredo in just 2 hours and 20 minutes on one of 174 weekly flights from Mexico City. Fly for just $226.
- Tapachula, Chiapas - Head to the southern border to Tapachula on any of the near 800 monthly flights from Mexico City. Book a flight for around $144 and arrive in just under 2 hours.
Aeromexico also offers a wide variety of international flights to destinations all over the world, including:
- Orlando, Florida - The Mexican airline offers over 400 monthly flights to the popular tourist destination for around $275. The flight takes about 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- Paris, France - Check off the bucket list and head to Paris on one of 56 monthly Aeromexico flights. Arrive in about 18 hours and 30 minutes for around $1,375.
- Tokyo, Japan - Fly from Mexico City to Tokyo for just $986 on any of the 28 monthly flights. A nonstop flight takes about 14 hours and 45 minutes.
- São Paulo, Brazil - For around $1,289, head to São Paulo on one of two daily flights and arrive in 9 hours and 15 minutes.
- Dallas, Texas - Take a flight to Dallas for as little as $179. The carrier offers 14 weekly flights that take about 2 hours and 57 minutes.
- New York City, New York - Arrive in the Big Apple in just 4 hours and 30 minutes on any of the 140 monthly flights from Mexico City. Fly for as little as $271.
- Montreal, Quebec - In just 5 hours and 15 minutes, fly from the Mexican capital to Montreal on one of two daily flights. Book a flight for around $329.
- San Jose, Costa Rica - Fly to San Jose for around $422 and arrive in just 3 hours on a nonstop flight. The airline offers 56 flights per month on this route.
- London, United Kingdom - Book one of 24 monthly flights to London for just $994 and arrive in 10 hours and 30 minutes.
- San Francisco, California - For just $312, fly to San Francisco on any of the 56 monthly nonstop flights and arrive in just five hours.
The Mexicana airline services multiple airports, both domestic and international:
- Washington Dulles International Airport; Washington D.C. - Aeromexico is located in Concourse A.
- Narita International Airport; Tokyo, Japan - Aeromexico is located in the North Wing of Terminal 1.
- São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport; São Paulo, Brazil - Aeromexico is located in Terminal 2.
- Charles de Gaulle Airport; Paris, France - Aeromexico is located in Terminal 2E.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport; New York, New York - Aeromexico is located in Terminal 1.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport; Atlanta, Georgia - Aeromexico is located in Concourse E.
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport; Madrid, Spain - Aeromexico is located in Terminal 1.
- Miami International Airport; Miami, Florida - Aeromexico is located in Terminal H.
- Monterrey International Airport; Monterrey, Mexico - Aeromexico is located in Terminal B.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport; Houston, Texas - Aeromexico is located in Terminal D.
With the most advanced fleet in Latin America, Aeromexico has an incredible variety of comfortable and spacious aircrafts designed for every type of trip. For long distance flights to destinations across the world, the airline has nine Dreamliners that seat 242 passengers and travel faster than any other two-aisle commercial aircraft. You could also fly to places like Madrid or Shanghai on the B777 with a capacity of 277 passengers. For medium-haul flights, Aeromexico offers the B737-800 aircraft that features Boeing Sky Interior LED lighting for a more relaxing trip. For domestic travel, the airline has 64 Embraer aircraft, including EMB-190 and EMB-170.
Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
Aeromexico offers a free loyalty program called Club Premier, where passengers can earn points to redeem on a large selection of flights, upgrades, or services. At Gold Level, club members get free individual and companion upgrades to Premier Class, additional bonus points for flights to any destination, and access to exclusive check-in counters. Platinum members also get priority service at Aeromexico check-in counters, free access to over 600 VIP SkyTeam lounges, additional baggage, and award tickets for free flights. At its highest Titanium level, members will also receive free selection of seats, access to premier lounges with two companions, and an annual award ticket to any destination on any route.
Club Premier members can redeem points to book flights or hotels in destinations around the world. Members can even earn points when shopping online or renting a car. At the different tier levels, members are also eligible to earn additional points for every Aeromexico flight.
How to Check In, Seat Assignment, Leg Room and Other Fees
There are multiple ways to check in before you arrive or at the airport when flying with Aeromexico. Avoid the stress and the lines by checking in online. Web check-in is available up to 48 hours prior to a domestic departure and 24 hours prior to an international flight. The airline also offers mobile check-in at multiple airports around the world, including Mexico City, Orlando, Dallas, Madrid, and Los Angeles. Get your boarding pass sent directly to your phone or tablet in just moments.
Of course, if you prefer, you can check in at the airport either at the Aeromexico counter or at any of the automatic kiosks that offer full service. Depending on your flight, you can check in anywhere from just two hours to 48 hours prior to departure at the kiosks. Print your boarding pass, choose your seat, or earn Club Premier points.
While Aeromexico offers a variety of seating options for your convenience. With the Manage My Trip tool, passengers can view the seating charts for all of the aircrafts to choose the most comfortable option either during web check-in, over the phone, or at the airport. The carrier also offers services to ensure the best seat possible. AM Plus members will get the seats at the front of the cabin with more space for a fee based on the route. Passengers can also choose preferred seating for $8-$30 more per ticket for the rows just behind AM Plus or in emergency rows.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Aeromexico baggage allowance varies with each route, so you'll want to double check before arriving to ensure a smooth check-in. For domestic flights, passengers in the main cabin may have one checked bag and two carry-ons or personal objects. Checked baggage must not exceed 55lbs., while the two carry-ons must be under 22lbs. combined. In Premier Class, passengers are allowed two checked bags weighing up to 66lbs. each, one carry on up to 39lbs., and one personal object up to 6.6lbs.
For routes to the United States and Canada, passengers wanting to check an extra bag must pay anywhere from $100-$200 depending on the weight of the bag, plus an additional fee per piece at the airport. Additional checked bags for other international flights are subject to the same fee, although the per-piece fees are slightly higher.
Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
Aeromexico offers an unbeatable in-flight experience among Latin American airlines. All flights include free food, depending on the time and duration of the flight. Short-haul flights include a snack or beverage, including baked goods, peanuts, cookies, and other options. On medium-haul flights, passengers can enjoy a snack or full meal in addition to beverage service. For long-hauls, a full meal is always served. Many flights even offer a full-service bar and complimentary soft drinks and juices.
The carrier also provides a special meals menu for medium-haul, long-haul, and international flights. Passengers will certain dietary needs and preferences can make arrangments 48 hours prior to takeoff at the call center.
Aeromexico offers the latest in in-flight entertainment, with an incredible selection of free movies, TV series, and music for your enjoyment. Many of the aircrafts have screens on the back of the seats, or you can connect to your own device using free internet. The airline offers 2Ku, the world's fastest onboard Wi-Fi service, as well as Panasonic broadband internet on its fleet of Dreamliners.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
Children under the age of two are allowed on board without a separate ticket per adult passenger. Passengers traveling with more than one infant per adult will be charged a small fee or an extra seat.
The airline also requires a fee for unaccompanied minors. Aeromexico considers any passenger under the age of 17 traveling alone to be an unaccompanied minor. For $150, the carrier offers assistance with check-in, private escorting to the boarding gate, and special assistance and guidance from the cabin crew.
Aeromexico welcomes pets aboard all flights, with a maximum capacity of six pets per flight and just one per passenger. Pets must weigh less than 99lbs. and must travel inside a carrier. The airline charges a $53 pet fee for domestic flights within Mexico and $125 for flights to the U.S., Canada, and Central and South America. There are rules and restrictions for pets in-cabin that you'll want to be aware of before you leave.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.