ANA Cheap Flights & Last Minute Flight Deals
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan and a member of Star Alliance. The carrier was founded in 1952 as Japan Helicopter & Aeroplane Transports Co. and was renamed in 1957. The company expanded over the next 40 years with new aircrafts and the introduction of routes across the world. In 2013, the airline started anew following the move to a holding company structure.
The carrier ranks number one among major airlines around the world for on-time arrival performance. Over 85% of its more than 28,000 monthly flights arrive on time, with just over 14% being delayed at least 15 minutes.
ANA operates from its primary hubs in Tokyo at Tokyo International Airport (also known as Hadeda Airport) and Narita International Airport. The airline also has secondary hubs at Kansai International Airport in Osaka and Osaka International Airport in Itami.
From its primary hubs at Haneda Airport and Narita International, the airline offers a variety of flights to cities located around Japan:
- Osaka - The airline offers 812 flights per month to Osaka for as low as $148. A nonstop flight will take 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Sapporo - Choose from 844 monthly flights to Sapporo and arrive in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fly for around $201.
- Okinawa - ANA operates 364 flights per month to Okinawa for about $172. The flight takes 2 hours and 50 minutes.
- Nagoya - Arrive in Nagoya in 1 hour and 5 minutes on any of the 84 monthly flights from Tokyo. Fly for as little as $111 round-trip.
- Fukuoka - The carrier flies from Tokyo to Fukuoka 780 times per month for as low as $119. The flight time is just 2 hours.
- Asahikawa - Fly to Asahikawa on any of the 76 monthly flights and arrive in 1 hour and 35 minutes. A round-trip ticket will cost about $232.
- Akita - The airline offers 140 flights per month to Akita. Arrive in 1 hour and 5 minutes for just $200.
- Hiroshima - Fly from Tokyo to Hiroshima on one of 304 monthly flights. For around $195, arrive in just 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Nagasaki - ANA flies to Nagasaki 224 times per month with a flight time of 2 hours and 5 minutes. Fly for about $228.
- Saga - Choose from 140 monthly flights from Tokyo to Saga for just $215. Arrive in 2 hours and 5 minutes.
ANA also flies to an incredible variety of international destinations. Fly from Tokyo to cities like:
- Los Angeles, California - ANA operates 84 flights per month to LAX. Arrive in 9 hours and 40 minutes for $1,015.
- Shanghai, China - Choose from 168 monthly flights to Shanghai and arrive in 3 hours and 35 minutes. Fly for around $352.
- Taipei, Taiwan - Fly to Taipei in just 4 hours and 10 minutes on any of the 84 flights per month. Find tickets for around $439.
- Honolulu, Hawaii - The airline offers 84 monthly flights to Honolulu. Arrive in 7 hours for as low as $821.
- London, England - Arrive in London in 12 hours and 45 minutes on any of the 28 flights per month. Fly for $1,046.
- Brussels, Belgium - For just $862, fly round-trip to Brussels in 12 hours and 15 minutes. The airline offers 28 direct flights per month on the route.
- Paris, France - ANA operates 28 nonstop flights per month to Paris with a flight time of 12 hours and 45 minutes. Fly for about $980.
- Vancouver, Canada - Fly direct to Vancouver on any of the daily flights from Tokyo. Arrive in 8 hours and 50 minutes for $987.
- Sydney, Australia - The carrier flies nonstop to Sydney 28 times per month. Fly for $1,206 and arrive in 9 hours and 35 minutes.
- Frankfurt, Germany - Fly to Frankfurt and arrive in 12 hours and 20 minutes. ANA offers 56 monthly flights for around $973.
ANA flies to a number of major airports located around the globe, including:
- Washington Dulles International Airport; Washington, D.C. - ANA is located in Concourse B.
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport; Shanghai, China - ANA is located in Terminal 2.
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle International Airport; Paris, France - ANA is located in Terminal 1.
- London Heathrow International Airport; London, England - ANA is located in Terminal 2.
- Los Angeles International Airport; Los Angeles, California - ANA is located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport; New York, New York - ANA is located in Terminal 7.
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport; Taipei, Taiwan - ANA is located in Terminal 2.
- Phnom Penh International Airport; Phnom Penh, Cambodia - ANA is located in the International Terminal.
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport; Manila, Philippines - ANA is located in Terminal 3.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport; Mumbai, India - ANA is located in Terminal 2.
ANA operates a fleet of 257 aircraft, including Boeing, Airbus, and Bombardier models. The airline flies the following Boeing aircraft models: B777-300, B777-200, B787-9, B797-8, B767-300, B767-300F, B737-800, B737-700, and B737-500. ANA operates an Airbus A320-200 and a Bombardier DHC-8-400.
Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
ANA offers a free loyalty program called ANA Mileage Club where passengers can earn miles and redeem them for a variety of benefits. Members can earn miles when they book flights, hotels, or car rentals from participating companies. Members can even earn miles for shopping online at a number of retail vendors.
Passengers can redeem miles for awards towards domestic flights, international flights, partner flights, and Vanilla Air flights. Members can also use miles for class upgrades, extra baggage allowance, online gift cards, and transportation rewards. If preferred, members can donate their miles to charity.
How to Check In, Seat Assignment, Leg Room, and Other Fees
ANA offers a variety of ways to check in before your flight, including traditional airport check-in, self-service check-in, and online check-in. When checking in at the airport, the airline recommends arriving as early as possible to ensure a smooth experience. Check-in must be completed at least 60 minutes prior to departure. Be sure to bring all necessary documents, including a valid ID and passport as needed.
For international flights, passengers can use the Self Service Check-in machine. Select seats using a seat map, register miles, or upgrade class in just moments. Self-service check-in is available until 1 hour one before the scheduled flight.
The easiest and fastest way to check-in is using the online check-in service. Customers who register all the required information can be automatically checked in 24 hours before their scheduled flight. A boarding pass can either be sent to a mobile device, email, or passbook. Passengers can also print the boarding pass or choose to get it at the airport. Those who choose online check-in will still need to check baggage at least one hour prior to departure.
When booking a flight on ANA, be sure to check out the seat options available in First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class. All classes offer an ample amount of leg room, with Business Class offering fully reclining or flat seats. First Class offers a private square cabin for the ultimate luxury experience.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
All passengers may bring a carry-on bag and personal item, as long as it fits in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Carry-on bags must be smaller than 22"x16"x10" and must weigh less than 22lbs.
Checked baggage allowance varies by class and flight. On international flights, Economy and Premium Economy Class passengers are allowed to check 2 pieces for free, with a maximum weight of 50lbs. each. Business Class passengers can check 2 bags up to 70lbs. each and First Class passengers can check 3 bags at 70lbs. each. All checked bags must not exceed 62 linear inches.
Those wishing to bring more than the acceptable amount of baggage will be required to pay a fee of $100-$200 based on the destination. Overweight baggage will be subject to a fee of $60-$200.
Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
ANA is considered a 5-star airline, offering incredible service on board all of its flights. Economy Class passengers can enjoy various entertainment options on personal monitors, including movies, music, games, live TV, and e-books. Food and beverages are available depending on the route. Passengers can enjoy Japanese sake, various snacks, vegetable soup, or full hot meals.
Business Class and First Class passengers can also choose to use noise-canceling headphones or a portable media player for additional entertainment options. They will also enjoy Japanese and International cuisine from The Connoisseurs, a fine dining restaurant and bar.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
ANA provides assistance for those traveling with infants and children. Strollers, diapers, and other necessities are available at the airport or onboard all flights. Infants traveling in a guardian's lap will be charges 10% of the applicable adult fare, and all children up to 11 years old who use a seat will be charged 75% of the adult fare.
ANA considers children ages 5-16 who are flying alone to be unaccompanied minors. The airline offers a Junior Pilot program to ensure a safe transition from check-in to arrival at the destination. The service is mandatory for children ages 5-11 and optional for children ages 12-16. Arrangements for the service must be made prior to arrival at the airport for check-in.
The airline does not accept pets in the cabin of any flight, but pets can be carried in the cargo section of the aircraft. Passengers who wish to check a pet as cargo will be charged $250-$400 depending on the destination, and arrangement must be made before arriving at the airport.
There is a limit of 3 pet containers per flight, and all containers must meet size and safety requirements. The maximum weight for pet containers in 100lbs., and they must be smaller than 115 linear inches.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.