Arik Affinity Wings
- Joining is free and easy, all you need to do is register
- Affinity Wings has four tiers of membership: Pearl, Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Pearl members have their preferences stored, receive news about offers, and can earn and spend miles
- Bronze members have all the benefits of Pearl members, and receive a personalized membership card
- Silver members receive all the benefits of Bronze members, may use the Arik Air business class ticketing counter (where available), may use Arik Air lounges, are eligible for 11 additional pounds of baggage on domestic flights and eligible for 22 additional pounds of baggage on international and regional flights
- Gold members receive all the benefits of Silver members, but may bring a guest as well into the lounge, and their extra baggage allowances are 22 additional pounds on domestic flights and 33 additional pounds on regional and international flights.
- Earn miles and points with Arik Air flights
- Spend those miles and points on upgrades and Arik Air flights
Discounts and promotions are sometimes available at the website.
Arik Air: How to Check In, Seating Assignment, Leg Room and Other Fees
Arik Air Check-in
- Online check-in is available on selected flights
- Online check-in starts 24 hours before departure and ends 5 hours before international departures and 3 hours before domestic departures
- Airport check-in is always available. Starts 2 hours before departure for domestic, 3 hours before departure for regional flights, and 4 hours before international flights.
- Passengers will be considered No Show if they have not checked in 30 minutes before domestic flights, 45 before regional flights (West and Central Africa), and 90 minutes before more distant destinations
- During peak travel periods, please leave plenty of time to pass through security
Arik Air and International Travel
- If you are traveling internationally, please make sure you have all the documentation by your destinations
- Passports should be good for at least six months after the beginning of your journey
- Children traveling with you will also need documentation
- Passengers planning to visit the United States are reminded to review and comply with TSA requirements for entrance into that country
- Passengers planning to visit the United States, even if from a Visa Waiver Program Country, are reminded to fill out the Authorization to Travel form
Arik Air Leg Room
- Business class seats range from 34 in pitch to seats that recline fully for long-haul flights
- Economy seats have 34 inch pitch on most flights, but some aircraft have seat pitch of 31 to 33 inches
Arik Air Airlines: Baggage Allowance and Fees
Arik Air: Carry-on Bags
- One bag is permitted, limited to 13 pounds for domestic flights and 26 pounds for regional/international flights
- Your bag is limited in dimensions to 22x14x10 inches
- Bags will be inspected at the gate, and if they exceed what is permitted, will be checked
Arik Air: Checked Bags
- Domestic flights (within Nigeria): 66 pounds is complimentary for Business class passengers, 44 pounds is complimentary for Economy class passengers
- Arik Air’s website contradicts itself with respect to complimentary checked baggage allowance for infants traveling on laps, stating in one place that they are permitted 10 kg (22 pounds) and in another none. According to Arik Air’s contract of carriage, infants are not permitted any checked baggage.
Arik Air: Service on Board – Inflight Entertainment and Meals
- Premium Business on long haul flights will have 17 inch video screens with video on demand and noise-canceling headphones
- Economy on long haul flights will have 10 inch video screens
- Selection of international and national magazines and newspapers
- Wings in-flight magazine is always available (and you can view older editions at their website)
- Premium Business on long haul flights receive à la carte meals and a full bar
- Economy on long haul flights receive three course meals
- Cuisine is both African and international
- On shorter flights, complimentary snacks and drinks are served no matter the time of the flight
Arik Air: Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service guidelines
- Domestic flights: Expectant mothers are accepted until the end of week 34 at their own risk, but between week 28 and week 34 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required.
- International flights: Expectant mothers are accepted until the end of week 30 at their own risk, but between week 28 and week 30 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required. Exception: between the end of week 30 and end of week 34 expectant mothers may still fly (with a doctor’s certificate), provided the mother is returning to the country of her origin/residence.
- Doctor certificates presented at check-in must be issued within 7 days of travel.
Infants on Arik Air
- Infants younger than 7 days are not permitted to fly on Arik Air.
- Infants from 7 days until their 2nd birthday may travel on the lap of a passenger who is at least 16 years old for 10% of the adult fare.
- An infant with a seat will be charged the fare for a child (as in an infant in a cot).
- Passengers may bring cots for their infants into the cabin, or attempt to reserve one (in advance) from Arik Air on international journeys.
- If a passenger is younger than 2 years on the outward trip, and already 2 on the return trip, the child fare must be purchased for the return trip.
- Proof of age for an infant is required at check-in; please bring documentation.
Children and Unaccompanied Minor Service
- Children 2 years and older must have their own seats.
- A child younger than 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unaccompanied children aged 5 through 12 may travel on Arik Air, but forms must be completed/signed by parents and/or guardians.
Arik Air: Pet Policy
Arik Air does not allow pets on its flights, neither in the cabin nor checked as luggage.