HOP! Cheap Flights
HOP! Airlines was formed by Air France in order to provide competition to low cost carriers taking away business from Air France. It first flight was in 2013, but because Hop! combined flights from three of Air France’s subsidiaries (Airlinair, Brit Air and Régional), it got off the ground very quickly. Hop! now flies on a daily basis to 50 cities in France and Europe.
Hop! was on time in October 2017 for more than 80% of its flights.
Hop!, a regional low-cost carrier, has no destinations in the United States, but its parent company, Air France, does, as do Air France’s many partners in the SkyTeam Alliance. Hop! also codeshares flights with Air Corsica, Alitalia and Air France.
10 of Hop!’s Domestic (France) Destinations
- Ajaccio: Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport
- Brive-la Gaillarde: Souillac Airport
- Castres: Castres-Mazamet Airport
- Limoges: Bellegarde Airport
- Marseille: Marseille Provence Airport
- Montpelier: Méditerranée Airport
- Nice: Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
- Rouen: Rouen Vallée de Seine Airport
- Strasbourg: Strasbourg International Airport
- Toulouse: Blagnac Airport
Hop!’s International Destinations
- Belgium: Brussels Airport
- Croatia: Split Airport
- Czech Republic: Václav Havel Airport Prague
- Germany: Düsseldorf Airport; Stuttgart Airport
- Hungary: Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport
- Luxembourg: Luxembourg Findel Airport
- Netherlands: Amsterdam Airport Schipol
- Slovenia: Ljubljana Airport
- Spain: Barcelona-El Prat Airport, Bilbao Airport
- Sweden: Göteborg Landvetter Airport
- United Kingdom: Aberdeen Airport, Edinburgh Airport, Newcastle Airport
- Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport: near Lyon, France, this airport has three terminals; they are working on building a fourth.
- Paris-Orly Airport: about 8 miles south Paris, France, this airport has two terminals, Terminal Sud (South) and Terminal Ouest (West).
- ATR 42-500: Hop! uses 11 of them; each seats 48 passengers (operated by Airlinair)
- ATR 72-500: Hop! uses 4 of them; each seats 70 passengers (operated by Airlinair)
- ATR 72-600: Hop! uses 6 of them; each seats 70 passengers (operated by Airlinair)
- Bombardier CRJ701: Hop! uses 11 of them; each seats 72 passengers (operated by Brit Air)
- Bombardier CRJ1000ER: Hop! uses 14 of them; each seats 100 passengers (operated by Brit Air)
- Embraer ERJ-145: Hop! uses 14 of them; each seats 50 passengers (operated by Régional)
- Embraer E170: Hop! uses 15 of them; each seats 76 passengers (operated by Régional)
- Embraer E190: Hop! uses 10 of them; each seats 100 passengers (operated by Régional)
HOP! Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
Hop!’s flights are designed to be inexpensive, making discounts a part of the package, but Hop! provides ways to save even more.
Hop!’s Frequent Flyer Program: Flying Blue
Hop! participates in this loyalty program created by Air France and KLM.
To receive Flying Blue miles, you must become a member (it’s free).
Only A5xxxx-numbered flights are eligible for Flying Blue miles
Flying Blue has four different levels:
- Ivory – entry level
- Silver (Elite) – 15 qualifying flights or 25,000 level miles (30,000 miles needed in France or Monaco)
- Gold (Elite Plus) - 30 qualifying flights or 40,000 level miles (60,000 miles needed in France or Monaco)
- Platinum (Elite Plus) - 60 qualifying flights or 70,000 level miles (90,000 miles needed in France or Monaco
If you achieve an elite status in a calendar year and keep on flying, the miles in excess of your elite status threshold are moved to the next year for qualification purposes.
Flying Blue miles can be used to purchase tickets, upgrades, access to lounges and to receive discounts for increasing your baggage allowance.
Other Ways to Save
- Youth Pass - available for passengers between 12 and 24 for an annual price of about $60 (49 €), youths booking on Hop! can get a discount of up to 30% on flights.
- Weekend Pass – this is available for passengers 18 and over for about $82 (69€). Owners may take weekend trips (must stay overnight either Saturday or Sunday) on select flights – go from Paris to Corsica! – with discounts of at least 25% from the usual fare.
- BlueBiz is the corporate loyalty program offered by Air France and is also available on Hop! flights
HOP! Check in, Seat Assignment, Legroom and Other Fees
Hop! allows you to check-in online starting 30 hours before the scheduled time of departure.
Hop! often flies small planes and the seats do not have a lot of legroom. Seat pitch (the distance between the same point on two seats) is 31 inches. Business Class is not available on all flights.
Other options which you can purchase via Hop! include:
- Fast-track: for checking-in, dropping off your bag, passing through security and customs, boarding
- Lounge access at Bordeaux and Lyon
HOP! Baggage Allowance and Fees
Hop! Carry-on Bags
Carry-on bags can be no greater than 21.5 x 14 x 10 inches in size.
As overhead space on Hop! flights is limited, even if your bag is within these dimensions, you may be required to gate-check your item; you can retrieve it when you deplane.
Passengers may also bring a personal item (purse, computer, etc.).
The total weight of your carry-on bag and personal item may not be greater than 26.4 pounds (12 kg).
Infants less than two years are also allowed a carry-on.
Hop! Checked Bags
Checked bags may generally not weigh more than 50 pounds (23 kg) or be larger (length + width + height) than 62 inches (115 centimeters).
Baggage allowance depends on your ticket and your Flying Blue status:
- No checked bags included in fare: Promo or Basic tickets
- One checked bag included in fare: Youth, Senior, Family, Basic Plus, Smart or Flex ticket
- An additional checked bag to what is included in your fare: Flying Blue Elite or Elite Plus
You can usually buy a greater baggage allowance. It’s cheaper if you buy online when you book or later when you manage your reservation, but can still be done at the airport. First additional bag is cheaper than the second additional bag.
If a checked bag is included in your fare and you have an infant traveling with you, that infant is also allowed a checked bag weighing up to 22 pounds.
HOP!'s Service on Board: In-Flight Entertainment and Meals
Food service depends on the time of day and the length of the flight. If your flight departs before 9:30 you will be served breakfast and a hot beverage. Passengers on flights later in the day receive a snack.
On certain flights (Navette flights from Bordeaux, Nice, Marseille, Paris and Toulouse) you can order a larger meal or snack in advance, either when you book your ticket or up to 24 hours before you depart by going to Hop!’s website and managing your reservation.
Hop! provides no movies or TV, but a selection of magazines and newspapers is available.
HOP! Child Fare/Fees, Unaccompanied Minor Service Guidelines
Infants (up to second birthday) may travel on the lap of an adult passenger’s lap for 10% of the adult fare (within Europe)
Collapsible strollers are included with baggage if you are traveling with a Basic Plus or Maxi Flex fare
“Kids Solo” is the name of Hop!’s unaccompanied minor service, and is available for kids from 4 to 12 for domestic flights within France and available for kids 5 to 14 traveling on European flights. To book, you must telephone the reservation center as well as fill out a form.
A Youth Pass available for those between 12 and 24 (must join for an annual fee) and have sizable discounts on tickets
Make sure your kids, whether traveling with you or not, have all the paperwork they need for their journey. Paperwork differs by destination.
HOP!'s Pet Policy
Pets in the cabin
- Small dogs and cats may be brought on board.
- The container with the animal inside it must weigh less than 17.6 pounds (8 kg).
- During the flight your pet must remain in its container, which must be placed under the seat in front of you,
- A passenger may bring only one animal.
- Tickets must be purchased at the airport. They are about $36 (30€) one-way for continental France and about $65 (55 €) within the rest of Europe.
- Service dogs are permitted in the cabin.
Pets checked as luggage
Larger dogs and cats may be checked.
Maximum size and weight depend on the aircraft:
- ATRs, CRJs and Embraers: container max is 40 x 26 x 30 inches (102 x 67 x 77 cm) and weight max of container + animal is 143 pounds (65 kg)
- Airbus aircraft: container max is 48 x 32 x 35 inches (122 x 82 x 89 cm) and weight max of container + animal is 165 pounds (75 kg)
Tickets must be purchased at the airport. They are about $72 (60€) one-way for continental France and about $120 (100 €) within the rest of Europe.
Some animals are restricted
Dogs known as “attack dogs”, such as pit bulls, mastiffs, tosas and rottweilers will not be permitted on any flight, neither in the cabin nor as checked baggage
Snub-nosed animals – for example a Pekingese dog or a Persian cat, but there are many other breeds – may not be checked as breathing in the hold is difficult for them. Travel for these breeds is not recommended for the cabin, either.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.