MASwings, which wants to be “Your Airline,” participates in the frequent flyer program Enrich. Enrich is the frequent flyer program of Malaysia Airlines, the owner of MASwings, and Malaysia Airlines is also a member of the Oneworld Alliance. This means that passengers who fly on Oneworld Alliance partners and their subsidiaries – an impressive list that includes America Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM, Qantas, Qatar Airlines, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and Sri Lanka Airlines – may be eligible for Enrich miles. Other Enrich partners include Air France, Alitalia, Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Jet Airways, KLM, Virgin Atlantic and Firefly.
Enrich has four levels:
- Blue: The level you have when you first sign up.
- Silver: If you have flown 25,000 miles or more in a calendar year, you will have Silver status and will benefit priority boarding, check in and an extra baggage allowance.
- Gold: This status is attained when you have flown 50,000 miles or more in a calendar year. In addition to the benefits accorded Silver members, you will also experience priority baggage handling and have access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounges and the worldwide network of Malaysia Airlines shared lounges.
- Platinum: You become a Platinum Enrich member when you have 100,000 miles or more in a calendar year. Platinum Enrich members can use the Malaysia Airlines Platinum Lounges. Enrich miles for Platinum members have no expiration date.
Enrich miles can be earned by flying on MASwings, Malaysia Airlines or many of their partners. You can also earn Enrich miles with certain hotel stays, car rentals, and use of a credit card.
Redeeming your Enrich miles is easy, and, thanks to the many partners of Malaysia Airlines, can take you nearly anywhere in the world.
Enrich miles can be shared with family members.
Enrich miles (unless you are Platinum) expire after several years but for a small fee you can extend the date. Or, you can redeem them on Malaysia Airlines or many of their partners.
MASwings: How to Check In, Seat Assignment, Leg Room and Other Fees
For those flying on ATR airplanes:
- MASwings allows you to check in starting 48 hours before your flight’s departure, with the exception of the counters at the airport, where you may only check in starting 24 hours before your flight’s departure.
- You may check in using the website, a mobile app, the counters in the airport or the kiosks in the airport.
- Website check-in ends 90 minutes before departure for both domestic and international flights. Mobile app check-in ends 60 minutes before departure for both domestic and international flights. Kiosk (in the airport) check-in ends 45 minutes before departure for both domestic and international flights.
- DSC/Counter check-in ends 40 minutes before departure for domestic flights and 60 minutes before departure for international flights.
- Bags that are to be checked must be brought to the MASwings bag drop counter at least 60 minutes before the flight’s departure. You must also have a boarding pass.
For those flying on DHC Twin Otter airplanes:
Those flying on DHC Twin Otter flights can only check in at the DCS/Counter. This is because knowing the weights of passengers and their luggage is a requirement for operating these flights.
MASWings Baggage Allowance and Fees
MASWings Carry-On Baggage Policy
- Business Class customers may bring two items into the cabin with them. Each must weigh 15 pounds (7 kg) or less. Each is limited in size to 45 inches or 115 centimeters (sum of height, width and length).
- Economy passengers may bring one item into the cabin with them. Each must weigh 15 pounds (7 kg) or less. Each is limited in size to 45 inches or 115 centimeters (sum of height, width and length). ..
- Carry-on bags above the permissible weight or number or size must be checked as checked baggage.
- Hazardous materials may not be included.
- E –cigarettes and e-cigars may only be transported in carry-on luggage. Note that smoking, including e-smoking, is not permitted on MASwings flights.
MASwings Checked Baggage Policy
- The number of bags that you check as a MASwings passenger does not matter as long as you stay within the weight allowance. The allowance varies by your ticket class and the type of aircraft.
- Business class passengers on ATR 72-500 aircraft may check up to 66 pounds (30 kilograms) without incurring additional charges.
- Economy class passengers on ATR 72-500 aircraft may check up to 44 pounds (20 kilograms) without incurring additional charges.
- All passengers on DHC-Twin Otter aircraft are limited to checking up to 22 pounds (10 kilograms) without incurring additional charges.
- Infants traveling as lap passengers at 10% of the accompanying adult’s fare are entitled to a bag with the maximum dimensions of 45 inches (this can be carry-on or checked) and a collapsible stroller or carrying basket. The total weight of these items may not be more than 22 pounds (10 kg).
- Charges for exceeding the weight allowances on ATR 72-500 flights will be levied at a rate of 5 Malaysian ringgits for each excess kilogram, which converts to about $0.55 for every extra pound.
- Charges for exceeding the weight allowances on DHC Twin Otter flights will be levied at a rate of 1 Malaysian ringgit for each excess kilogram, which converts to about $0.11 for every extra pound.
- Animals can be checked and transported but will incur additional charges.
- In order to protect baggage handlers, no piece of checked luggage may weigh more than 70 pounds (32 kg). If a piece of luggage weighs more than 70 pounds, it will either have to be repacked into less heavy containers or checked as cargo.
- Due to limited space in the holds of the aircraft, excess or bulky items may be rejected.
MASwings: Service on Board
- On ATR airplanes, MASwings offers basic in-flight entertainment
- Snacks and beverages are offered
- Newspapers and magazines are available
MASwings: Child Fares/Fees, Unaccompanied Minor Service
- Infants aged 7 days to their 2nd birthday are generally permitted to travel on MASwings flights. They are expected to ride on the lap of an adult (no seat assigned) and will incur a charge of only 10% of the adult’s fare.
- Accompanied children aged 2 years to 11 years may fly at a discount of 25%; that is to say, 75% of the adult fare. Each of these passengers will have their own seat.
- Passengers aged 12 and older will generally have to pay full fare.
- MASwings offers Unaccompanied Minor service on many flights, both domestic and international. The cost is about $24, or 100 MYR. Please verify that this service is available on the flight you wish to book for your traveling youngster.
MASwings: Pet Policy
- You may transport a pet or an animal, but the transportation of the animal is considered excess baggage and fees apply.
- If you are on flight which considers weight, you will be charged a rate based on the normal adult Economy class fare, where the rate is 1.5% of that fare for every 2.2 pounds (1 kg). The weight includes both the animal and the cage or carrier.
- The minimum charge is for 11 pounds, or 5 kilograms.
- The exception is for Guide Dogs that accompany passengers who are sight or hearing impaired. These service animals may travel for free and are not included in the usual baggage allowance.