Sichuan Airlines – Cheap Flights
Sichuan Airlines flew its first flight in 1988; in 2002 the airline was reorganized and the Sichuan provincial government became its major shareholder through the Sichuan Airlines Group. Most flights are within the People’s Republic of China or in East Asia, but the airline does have a few flights to North America, Australian and New Zealand, and even Europe.
Sichuan Airlines suffers from the same punctuality problems of many airlines in the People’s Republic of China, which are frequently delayed due to the overcrowding of the airports and not generally the airlines. Airlines which have most of their flights in China frequently have poor on-time performance statistics.
Sichuan Airlines’ subsidiary is Chengdu Airlines. Sichuan Airlines also has codeshare arrangements with China Eastern Airlines, China Express Airlines and China Southern Airlines.
Sichuan Airlines US Destinations
- Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Sichuan Airlines Domestic (China) Destinations
Beijing, Changsha, Changzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Dehong, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Guiyang, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefel, Hohot, Jinan, Jinghong, Jiuzhaigou, Kumming, Lanzhou, Mianyang, Nanchang, Nanjing, Nanning, Nantong, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Taiyuan, Tianjin, Urumqi, Wanzhou, Wenzhou, Wuhan, Xi’an, Xiamen, Xichang, Xining, Xuzhou, Yichang, Yinchuan, Yiwu, Zhangjiajie, Zhanjiang, Zhengzhou
Sichuan Airlines International Destinations
- Australia: Melbourne, Sydney
- Canada: Vancouver
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Hong Kong
- Japan: Osaka, Tokyo
- Nepal: Kathmandu
- New Zealand: Auckland
- Northern Mariana Islands: Saipan
- Russia: Saint Petersburg, Vladivostok
- South Korea: Seoul
- Taiwan: Taichung, Taipei
- Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai
- Tibet: Lhasa
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai
- Vietnam: Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City
Sichuan Airlines Hubs
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU). Situated about 10 miles southwest of downtown Chengdu in the Sichuan Province and more than 1600 feet above sea level, the airport is important for Western China, with more than 46 million passengers using its services in 2016. It has two terminals. Terminal 1 is used for international flights and Sichuan Airlines; Terminal 2 is used for domestic travel.
- Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (CKG). Situated about 10 miles north of downtown Chongqing and about 1365 feet above sea level, this airport served more than 35 million passengers in 2016. Construction is underway to improve airport access, by building more roads and adding to the railways. Chongqing Airport had two terminals but a third opened in August 2017 and there are plans for additional expansion.
Sichuan Airlines Fleet
- Airbus A319-100: 20 in service; each seats 132 passengers
- Airbus A320-200: 55 in service; each seats 150 passengers
- Airbus A320neo: 5 in service; each seats 158 passengers
- Airbus A321-200: 38 in service; each seats 194 passengers
- Airbus A330-200: 6 in service; each seats 245 passengers
- Airbus A330-200: 5 in service; each seats 301 passengers
- Additional aircraft are on order
Sichuan Airlines Baggage Allowance
The following free baggage allowance is applicable for each individual passenger: First class passengers are allowed 40g. Business class passengers are allowed 30kg. Economy class passengers are allowed 20kg. The size of checked-in baggage must not exceed 300 cm or 118 inches. No free baggage allowance is allowed for infants on domestic routes.
Free Carry-on Baggage
Each passenger flying with Sichuan Airlines tickets are entitled to travel with the following hand luggage limitations: First class passengers are allowed two pieces of hand-carry luggage each of which must not exceed 5kg. Passengers in business and economy classes are allowed to bring one piece of hand-carry luggage on board and it must not exceed 5kg either. The total dimensions for each piece of hand luggage must not exceed 115cm and must be small enough to fit in the baggage cabin or under the passenger's seat.
Sichuan Airlines In Flight Meals
Sichuan Airlines In Flight Entertainment
Sichuan Airlines Complimentary Shuttle Ride
Travelling With Pets and Guide Dogs
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.