SkyWest Airlines flights & tickets
SkyWest Airlines is a North American regional airline that works on a contract basis with mainline partners like Delta, United Airlines, American Airlines, and Alaska Airlines. It is considered to be one of the major airlines in the United States and is the largest regional airline in the country by fleet size, number of passengers, and number of destinations served.
SkyWest Airlines operates more than 2,000 flights per day to 226 cities throughout the U.S. from its hubs located from coast to coast. As American Eagle on behalf of American Airlines, the carrier has hubs in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. As Alaska Skywest, its hubs include Dallas, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle. Delta Connection operates from Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, and Seattle. As United Express, the airline offers flights from Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
The airline ranks 12th among regional airlines for on-time arrival performance. Nearly 78% of all flights arrive on time or within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time. Of the 22% of flights that are delayed, the average delay is 83 minutes.
As American Eagle, SkyWest Airlines offers a number of flights from its largest hub in Chicago. Fly from Chicago O'Hare International Airport to cities like:
- Atlanta, Georgia - 2 hours and 16 minutes, $95
- Syracuse, New York - 1 hours and 53 minutes, $386
- Denver, Colorado - 2 hours and 54 minutes, $136
- San Antonio, Texas - 3 hours and 5 minutes, $198
- Richmond, Virginia - 2 hours and 6 minutes, $357
As Alaska Skywest, the airline offers multiple flights on the West Coast. From Portland, fly to destinations like:
- Salt Lake City, Utah - 1 hours and 51 minutes, $99
- San Diego, California - 3 hours and 56 minutes, $205
- Boise, Idaho - 1 hours and 10 minutes, $110
- Billings, Montana - 4 hours and 19 minutes, $165
- Reno, Nevada - 3 hours and 46 minutes, $145
As Delta Connection, SkyWest flies to cities around the country. From its hub in Detroit, you can fly to:
- Houston, Texas - 4 hours and 50 minutes, $325
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - 5 hours and 20 minutes, $448
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - 4 hours and 37 minutes, $186
- Kansas City, Missouri - 4 hours and 28 minutes, $95
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 4 hours and 16 minutes, $354
SkyWest also offers an impressive amount of flights as United Express. Fly from Denver to locations like:
- Phoenix, Arizona - 4 hours and 57 minutes, $163
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada - 2 hours and 55 minutes, $177
- Austin, Texas - 2 hours and 18 minutes, $136
- Birmingham, Alabama - 5 hours and 40 minutes, $377
- Bismarck, North Dakota - 1 hours and 49 minutes, $379
SkyWest Airlines can be found in multiple major airports in the United States. Find the carrier in airports like:
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport; Chicago, Illinois - SkyWest Airlines is located in Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
- Denver International Airport ; Denver, Colorado - SkyWest Airlines is located in Concourses A, B, and C.
- San Francisco International Airport; San Francisco, California - SkyWest Airlines is located in Terminals 1 and 3.
- Portland International Airport; Portland, Oregon - SkyWest Airlines is located in Concourses A and C.
- Nashville International Airport; Nashville, Tennessee - SkyWest Airlines is located in Concourses A, B, and C.
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport; Dallas, Texas - SkyWest Airlines is located in Terminals B, D, and E.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; Seattle, Washington - SkyWest is located in the North Satellite and South Satellite.McCarran International Airport; Las Vegas, Nevada - SkyWest Airlines is located in Concourses A and D.
- Los Angeles International Airport; Los Angeles, California - SkyWest Airlines is located in Terminals 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8.
- General Mitchell International Airport; Milwaukee, Wisconsin - SkyWest Airlines is located in Concourses C and E.
SkyWest Airlines operates a fleet of 423 aircraft. The airline has 108 Embraer E175s that seat up to 76 passengers. The rest of the fleet is comprised of Bombardier models, including 36 CRJ900s that seat 76 each, 58 CRJ700s that seat 70 each, 27 CRJ700s that seat 69 each, and 169 CRJ200s that seat 50 each.
Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
Because SkyWest works under contract with other major airlines, it does not offer its own frequent flyer program. Passengers can earn points or miles through the parent airline of the flight they choose. On American Eagle flights, passengers can earn AAdvantage points, while passengers on Alaska SkyWest flights will earn miles through Alaska Airline's Mileage Plan. Those traveling on Delta Connection flights will earn Delta SkyMiles. On United Express flights, passengers can earn MileagePlus points.
How to Check In, Seat Assignment, and Leg Room
Passengers on SkyWest can check-in for their flights based on the parent airline's requirements. For Delta Connection, passengers can check in online, through the Delta mobile app, at the airport kiosk, or at the airport curbside. United Express and Alaska Express passengers can check in online or at the airport. For American Eagle flights, passengers can check in online, at the airport kiosks, at curbside, or at the ticket counter.
All of SkyWest's aircraft models offer a standard seat pitch of 31". Seat selection is available, based on the major airline's restrictions. Preferred seating is also available, and the fee varies depending on which flight and airline you choose.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
SkyWest Airlines follows the same baggage restrictions as the parent company of the flight, with a few additional restrictions due to equipment size. SkyWest cannot accept kayaks, windsurfing equipment, hang gliders, or giant pet kennels. Other baggage restrictions include:
- Delta Connection - All passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 22"x14"x9" or 45 linear inches, and personal items can include a purse, diaper bag, laptop computer, or briefcase. Economy Class passengers can check one bag up to 50lbs. for a fee of $25 and a second bag for $35. Checked baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches.
- American Eagle - All passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 22"x14"x9" including handles and wheels, while the maximum size of personal items is 18"x14"x8". Passengers can check up to 10 bags for a fee. One bag will cost $25, while the second bag is $35. The third bag will be $150, and all other bags will cost $200 each. The maximum size for checked baggage is 62 linear inches and 50 lbs.
- United Express - Most passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 22"x14"x9" including handles and wheels, while the maximum size of personal items is 17"x10"x9". The amount of checked baggage and fees depend on the flight and destination. In Economy Class, all checked baggage has a maximum size of 62 linear inches and 50lbs.
- Alaska SkyWest - All passengers can bring one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 24"x17"x10", and personal items can include a purse, laptop computer, or briefcase. Passengers can also check baggage for a fee. Checked baggage must not exceed 50lbs and 62 linear inches. The first and second bags are $25 each, while all additional bags will be $75 each.
Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
SkyWest Airlines offers a snack and a drink on many flights based on destination. The airline also provides entertainment based on the parent carrier's options. Because SkyWest Airlines typically offers short-haul flights, some flights may not have entertainment or meal choices.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
SkyWest Airlines allows infants under the age of 2 to travel on an adult's lap, per the parent airline's restrictions. Children over the age of 2 must purchase a seat. The airline also allows children to travel alone, with the purchase of Unaccompanied Minor Service through the parent carrier.
On Alaska SkyWest flights, the service is mandatory for children ages 5-12. The fee is $25 per child on nonstop flights and $50 per child on connecting flights. On American Eagle flights, children ages 5-14 years old can travel alone for $150 per family. The service on Delta Connection and United Express flights is $150 and mandatory for children ages 5-14.
SkyWest Airlines allows pets to travel either in the cabin or as checked baggage. All pets must be in an appropriate container. In the cabin, kennels must fit under the seat and pets must remain in the kennel. In the cargo area, kennel size is limited to a reservation of one large kennel or two small or medium kennels per flight.
The fee for pet travel varies based on the airline:
- American Eagle - $125 for pets in cabin, $200 for pets as checked baggage
- United Express - $125 for pets in cabin, $201-$963 for pets in cargo
- Delta Connection - $125 for pets in cabin, $200 for pets as checked baggage
- Alaska SkyWest - $100 for pets in cabin, $100 for pets as checked baggage
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.