When you are searching for information on Brunswick Glynco including travel deals, information on your destination city, and time-saving or money-saving Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport travel tips, look no further than Skyscanner. We are your go-to for finding the cheapest flights, best deals on hotels and resort accommodations, and for comparing rental car rates. Skyscanner's tools are some of the most intuitive and interactive travel tools on the web today.
About Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport
Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport (BQK) or, as it is also known, Brunswick Golden Isles Airport serves a few thousand passengers each year. It began operation in 1942 as a general aviation airstrip in Glynn County Georgia. From the 1950s through 1975 it was run by the US Navy and was known as Naval Air Station Glynco. In the 1980s, the Glynn County Airport Commission was established to manage new opportunities for both Brunswick and St. Simons Island airports. Since that time, improvements have continued to be made to the facilities. Currently, there is a single runway and one terminal that receives regular flights in from Delta Airlines.
Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport Airport Transportation
There is no public transportation on Brunswick Island. The best form of transportation to and from the airport is by car, taxi, or ridesharing. For those departing from Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport, the airport does offer long-term parking remotely, off-site at a rate of $26 per day.
Destination Information and Money Saving Tips
Brunswick is an island off of the coast of Georgia. It is the second-largest area on the Georgia coast after the city of Savannah. It contains Brunswick Old Town's historic district. Brunswick is also home to many arts and cultural events. There you will find the most significant performing-arts group called the Coastal Symphony of Georgia. It has been in existence since 1982, holding productions every year at Glynn Academy's Auditorium.
When looking to save money, you will find that flexibility is the key. If you're able to travel to or from nearby cities, you may be able to find a better deal on flights. Easily include nearby cities in your search by checking a box under departure and destination in Skyscanner. You may also find changing your arrival city or final destination to a larger airport helpful in lowering the total cost. Here are a few airports nearby:
- Jacksonville International Airport 97 miles from Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport 102 miles from Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport
- St. Augustine Airport118 miles from Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport
In addition to including nearby airports in your search, you'll find the best dates to save you the most money by using the cheapest month search.Skyscanner can also help save you money on flights from the United States to Brunswick Glynco Jetport Airport in Mexico. Did you know that Skyscanner searches the internet to discover the lowest prices on Brunswick, Georgia hotels and resorts that are priced for every budget? If saving money is your thing, be sure to download our handy new mobile app so that you can search for and compare deals car rental prices too!
Brunswick Glynco on a Budget
We know that it's not easy to find low-cost sightseeing opportunities when you are traveling. There are many sites in the Brunswick, Georgia area that will keep you on your budget. Here are a few ideas.
- Visit St. Simons Island. This is the largest barrier island in the Golden Isles. St. Simons Island is located across the Marshes of Glynn, that was made famous by the poet Sidney Lanier. Here you will experience the old South complete with the Spanish Moss-draped oaks lining the winding island streets.
- Old Town Brunswick - Brunswick, to honor the royal Dutchmen of Braunschweig-Luneburg, Germany, created Old Town reminiscent of homes of the Hanoverians of England.
- See Fort Frederica National Monument. This monument preserves the archaeological remnants of the oldest southern fort and town built by James Oglethorpe.