Pecs Airport: Cheap Flights, Tickets and Travel Deals
Looking for information on Pecs Airport or planning a trip to Pecs? You're in luck. Continue reading to learn more about this picturesque and important city, discover tips on finding the best prices on flights, hotels, and car rental, and read our list of sights to see while you are traveling in Hungary.
About Pecs Airport
Pecs Airport (PEV) also called Pécs-Pogány Airport or Pécs South Airport is a small airport serving the commercial needs of passengers in the south-west region of Hungary near Croatia. There is a snack counter which is open within one hour of operation. Currently, the airport is only used by around 3,500 passengers each year. There are many public transportation options available to travelers including buses and trains. Taxi companies offer flat rate fees for travel to and from the airport, as well. The airport does not currently have long-term onsite parking. Parking is available at remote lots within walking distance of the main terminal.
Money Saving Tips
If you are flexible, you may want to check out nearby airports to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Larger nearby airports include:
- Osijek Airport This international airport is the main airport for northern Croatia. It is located 44 miles south from Pecs Airport.
- Balaton Airport This international airport is located in west-central Hungary 71 miles north of Pecs near Lake Balaton and Heviz.
- Banja Luka International Airport Also known as Mahovljani Airport, this airport is located 85 miles south-west of Pecs in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
For tourists traveling in Hungary, the leading economy airlines are:
About Pecs, Hungary
Pecs is a beautiful and historic city in Hungary. Home to many cathedrals and churches, Pecs is the seat of the Roman Catholic archdiocese. It is also an economic center. Here are a few sights to see while visiting Pecs, Hungary.
- Cathedral of St. Paul St. Peter - this lovely ancient cathedral towers over the city as a prophetic sign.
- Széchenyi Square - this area served as the city's marketplace in the middle ages. Today, it is the historic center of Pecs.
- The Barbakán - welcoming visitors into Pecs is the Barbakan. Once a medieval castle gate, the Barbakan is one of the oldest remaining buildings in the historic city.
- The Mosque of Pasha Yakovali Hassan - built in the latter half of the sixteenth century, the mosque is important for being the only Turkish-age structure surviving.
- Kossuth Square - this square honors Kossuth Lajos one of the great figures in Hungary's fight for independence. The site is home to several historic buildings with gothic architecture including local government. You will also find a statue of Kossuth himself at the center.
When planning your vacation, it's important to have as much flexibility as possible to get the lowest prices. If you are able to fly into or from nearby airports, be sure to include these in your search. If your dates are flexible, you'll want to check out our cheapest month search option.
Secret to Finding Cheap Pecs, Hungary Hotels and Car Rentals
In case you didn't know, Skyscanner can help you save money on more than just flights to Pecs, Hungary. Our powerful search engine can also scour the internet to find the lowest prices on Pecs hotels and resorts to fit any budget. Don't forget to download our new app to search for and compare deals on flights hotels and car rental prices anytime, anywhere.