Tepic Airport: Cheap Flights, Tickets and Travel Deals
Looking for information on Tepic Airport or planning a trip to Nayarit, Mexico? Continue reading to learn more about this airport, its amenities and the surrounding area, discover tips designed to help you find the best prices on flights, hotels, car rentals, and learn ways to save money while you are traveling around this region of Mexico.
About Tepic Airport
Tepic Airport (TPQ) also called Amado Nervo International Airport is a mid-sized public airport serving the commercial needs of passengers along the mid-western coastal region of Mexico in the state of Nayarit. There are no direct flights from the US to this airport, making it necssarry to take a transfer from other larger cities in Mexico. The airport serves around 150,000 passengers each year, making it an important hub for many local, regional, and international airlines. Several budget airlines fly in and out of this airport daily including:
Tepic Airport TransportationPublic transportation options available to travelers include buses. Taxis often offer flat rate fees to and from the airports for trips within the various hotel districts as well. The airport does offer onsite long-term parking that is secured. Parking is also available at remote lots that require shuttle service to reach the main terminal. The airport in Tepic is located 10 miles from the city center which is about a 20 minute drive by car.
Money Saving Tips
If you are flexible you may want to check out nearby airports to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Larger nearby airports include:
- Guadalajara Airport 116 miles from Tepic Airport
- Puerto Vallarta Airport 52 miles from Tepic Airport
About Tepic, Mexico
Tepic is a beautiful and historic city in Mexico located on the banks of the Río Mololoa and the Río Tepic rivers. North-west of Guadalajara in the state Jalisco you'll find the inactive Sangangüey volcano and its spectacular crater lake. The city was founded in the 1500s by Spanish settlers and retains many sites and ruins from that age. Today, Tepic is known as an urban center. However it is also an important agricultural region. The major crops include tobacco, sugarcane, and citrus fruits.
Other Cities Served by Tepic Airport and Sights to See
- Acaponeta - located on the banks of its eponymous river, this town is the fifth largest in the region.
- Amatlán de Cañas - a mountain town which is also the capital of the Nayarit state.
- Bahía de Banderas - home to Puerto Vallarta, this beautiful resort region is covers the Pacific coastal region between Jalisco and Nayarit.
- El Nayar -a largely agrarian community named after tribal chief Cora Naye.
- Ixtlán del Río - small community known for its pottery, furniture, and brickworks.
- Jala - an out-of-the-way enclave that is the home to the volcano of Ceboruco.
- Rosamorada - located at the top of the state, this area is known for mangrove swamps and several large freshwater lagoons
- Ruíz - named after General Mariano Ruiz Montañés, the area is mountainous, warm, rainy and known as one of the great coffee growing regions.
- San Pedro Lagunillas - the main tourist areas are the lakes: San Pedro and Tepetiltic
- Santa María del Oro - visit one of the world's largest natural crater lakes.
- Tecuala - here you will find the Playa Novillero, one of the longest beaches in the world.
- Xalisco - home to the ruins of a historic colonial hacienda and a museum featuring a collection of pre-Columbian artifacts.
Secret to Finding Cheap Tepic, Mexico Hotels and Car Rentals
When planning your Mexico vacation, it's important to have as much flexibility as possible to get the lowest fares to Tepic. Be sure to include these in your search and if your dates are flexible, you'll want to check out our cheapest month search option to find out the best months to visit.
In case you didn't know, Skyscanner can save you money on more than flights from the US to Tepic, Mexico. Our powerful search engine also scours the internet to discover the lowest prices on Tepic hotels and resorts that will fit nicely in any budget. Don't forget to download our new mobile app to search for and compare deals on flights hotels and car rental prices anytime, anywhere.