If you are looking for information on Udaipur Airport or planning a trip to Rajasthan, India continue reading to learn more about amenities, the surrounding area, discover tips designed to help you find the best prices on flights, hotels, car rentals, and learn ways to save money while you are traveling around this region of India.
About Udaipur Airport
Udaipur Airport (UDR) also called Maharana Pratap Airport or Dabok Airport is a public airport serving the commercial needs of passengers south-central region of Rajasthan in India. The airport is located near Dabok around 14 miles from the city of Udaipur which can take around 40 minutes due to the overcrowded streets and lack of infrastructure. The airport serves more than 1 million passengers each year, making it an important hub for many local, regional, and international carriers. Several budget airlines fly in and out of this airport daily including:
Udaipur Airport Transportation
Taxis between the airport and the city cost $8-$10 and can be arranged at the prepaid taxi booth located inside the airport. Many hotels offer shuttle pickup for around $6-$8. There aren't public buses that run between the airport and Udaipur or Dabok. However, Uber or other ride-sharing apps like "Ola" help arrange transportation between the airport and the city at a cost of around $4. When you arrive at your destination, you may wish to travel by foot or if you need to travel the narrow and crowded streets in Udaipur a tuk-tuk, or three-wheeled taxi, is preferred. Depending on how well you haggle, the tuk-tuk ride may cost $0.50-$1. The airport offers long-term onsite parking that is secured. Parking is also available via remote lots that are within walking distance to the main terminal.
Money Saving Tips
Flexibility is key. If you can travel to nearby cities, you may want to depart from a larger airport to get the best deal possible. You may also find changing your arrival city or final destination to a larger airport helpful in lowering the total cost. Here are a few airports nearby Udaipur Airport:
About Udaipur, India
Udaipur is also called the City of Lakes, and by some, the Venice of the East. It is a cosmopolitan and vibrant city, as well as an important municipal and financial center in Rajasthan. As the kingdom of Mewar, Udaipur was founded in 1553 by Maharana Udai Singh. There are many beautiful sights to see including the natural beauty of lakes and waterways and many palaces including the following:
- Manak Mahal - This palace intricately decorated in mirrored glass. On the building's facade, you'll find an inlaid portrait of the Manak Chowk.
- Peacock Square - A beautiful hall with mosaics featuring glass and mirror leads to the inner courts of a palace. The design theme of the chamber consists of three seasonal peacocks. Built during the Maharana Sajjan Singh's reign.
- The Women's Palace - What was once the Zenana Mahal or women's room is now a museum with exquisitely designed balconies, stained glass windows, alcoves, and tiled walls and floors.
- Rang Bhawan - This is the palace that was built to house the royal treasure. Here you will find the temples of Lord Krishna, Shiva, and Meerabai.
- Sheesh Mahal - This palace of mirrors and colored glass was constructed in 1716 as a shrine to Dhuni Mata a sage who spent his entire life in deep meditation.
How to Save Even More Money on Udaipur, India Flights, Hotels, and Car Rentals
When planning your India vacation, it's smart to have as much flexibility as possible to make sure you are getting the lowest fares to Udaipur. Include nearby airports in your search, and if your dates are flexible, you'll find our cheapest month search option to find out the best months to visit.
Skyscanner can help save you money on more than flights from the United States to Udaipur, India. Skyscanner searches the internet to discover the lowest prices on Udaipur hotels and resorts that works for any budget. And don't forget to download our handy new mobile app to search for and compare deals on flights hotels and car rental prices on the go.