When you are searching for information on Victoria Falls Airport including travel deals, destination information, and time-saving or money-saving Victoria Falls travel tips, look no further than Skyscanner to help you out. Our website is your one-stop-shop for finding the cheapest flights, best deals on your ideal hotel or resort accommodations, and the go-to for comparing rental car rates.
About Victoria Falls Airport
Victoria Falls Airport (VFA) is an international airport serving the robust tourism industry of western Zimbabwe. The airport is located in Victoria Falls around 11 miles from the city center. According to reports, the newly refurbished and modern airport has the capacity to serve 1.5 million passengers each year. This will make it an important hub for many local, regional, and international carriers.
In the airport, you will find free Wi-Fi, restaurants, lounges, and bars. There are three terminals, and two runways that are able to handle the largest commercial jets. Several budget airlines currently fly in and out of this airport daily including
Victoria Falls Airport Transportation
To make the 11-mile transfer between the airport and the city you have several options. Taxis cost between $8-$10 and can be arranged at taxi booth located in the airport at baggage claim. Many hotels offer shuttle pickup that may be complementary or in some cases may be arranged at a cost of $6-$8. There are also public buses that run between the airport and Victoria Falls city center. However, Uber or other ride-sharing apps also help arrange transportation between the airport and the city for around $4. For those departing from Victoria Falls, the airport offers long-term onsite parking that is secured. Parking is also available at a remote lot that is within walking distance to the airport.
Destination Information and Money Saving Tips
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe is one of the most toured cities in Africa; the home to the massive waterfalls of the same name which are one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Victoria Falls is also called Mosi oa-Tunya or "smoke which thunders." The falls are located halfway along the Zambezi River to the sea.
When you are looking to save money, flexibility is key. If you are able to travel to or from nearby cities, you may be able to find a better deal. You may also find changing your arrival city or final destination to a larger airport helpful in lowering the total cost. Here are a few airports nearby:
- Jodhpur 125 miles from Victoria Falls Airport
- Ahmedabad Airport 133 miles from Victoria Falls Airport
In addition to including nearby airports in your search, you'll find the best dates to save you the most money by using our cheapest month search.But that's not all, Skyscanner can help you save money on flights from the United States to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Skyscanner also searches the internet to discover the lowest prices on Victoria Falls hotels and resorts that works for any budget. You will want to download our handy new mobile app to search for and compare deals on flights hotels and car rental prices on the go.
Victoria Falls on a Budget
It's not always easy to find low-cost excursions when you are traveling to foreign countries. Here are our top picks for budget-friendly sights to see while in Victoria Falls.
- See the Lunar Rainbow - Each month under a full moon, the Victoria Falls preserve opens in the evening for a special tour in which visitors get to witness the magic of the lunar rainbow. The falls are one of the few areas where we can witness this natural phenomenon with ease, making the moonbow one of the most impressive and unique sights to see in Victoria Falls.
- Visit Zimbabwe's Grand Canyon and Bridge - The Victoria Falls' canyon is spanned by a magnificent bridge 650-foot long bridge. The distance from lowest water level in the canyon to the top is just over 400 feet.
- Bungee Jump from the Victoria Falls' Bridge. While this feat is only for the most daring among us, there are many points along the bridge where you will find bungee jump outfitters. The ultimate adrenaline rush will set you back a mere $100.