When you are searching for information on Villahermosa Airport including travel deals, destination information, and time-saving or money-saving Villahermosa travel tips, look no further than Skyscanner to help you out. Our website is your one-stop-shop for finding the cheapest flights, best deals on your ideal hotel or resort accommodations, and the go-to for comparing rental car rates.
About Villahermosa Airport
Villahermosa Airport (VSA) or, as it is also known, Carlos Rovirosa Pérez International Airport is a large airport serving the state of Tabasco in Mexico. The airport is located in Bosques de las Lomas, México around 21 miles from the city center of Villahermosa. The airport is a modern airport serving 1.2 million passengers each year, making it an important hub for all local, regional, and international carriers.
In the airport, you will find restaurants, free Wi-Fi, many lounges, and several bars, as well as duty-free shopping selling plenty of locally crafted rums and tequilas. There is one terminal, and two runways that are equipped to handle any commercial jet. Most budget airlines fly in and out of this airport including:
Villahermosa Airport Transportation
Fortunately, the public transportation system is robust in this area of Mexico. To make the 21-mile journey between the airport and the city center you'll have several options. A flat-rate taxi fare will cost between $18-$22 and can be arranged at the airport. A few hotels offer shuttle pickup that may be complementary or in some cases may cost a fee of $16-$18. The most economical option is the public buses which run between the airport and Villahermosa. Bus fare for this trip is $6. Uber and other ride-sharing apps that help arrange transportation are not advised in this region of Mexico. For those departing from Villahermosa, the airport does offer long-term onsite parking at a rate of $7 per day. Parking is also available at a remote lot starting at $4 per day.
Destination Information and Money Saving Tips
Villahermosa, Mexico may not be the first city in Mexico that comes to mind when you are planning your trip. However, history and archeology enthusiasts will be excited to tour this ancient city due to its proximity to the Mayan ruins in Palenque.
When looking to save money, you will find that flexibility is the key. If you're able to travel to or from nearby cities, you may be able to find a better deal on flights. Easily include nearby cities in your search by checking a box under departure and destination in Skyscanner. You may also find changing your arrival city or final destination to a larger airport helpful in lowering the total cost. Here are a few airports nearby:
- Palenque 61 miles from Villahermosa Airport
- Cuidad del Carmen Airport 80 miles from Villahermosa Airport
- Tuxtla Guitierrez 100 miles from Villahermosa Airport
In addition to including nearby airports in your search, you'll find the best dates to save you the most money by using the cheapest month search.Skyscanner can also help save you money on flights from the United States to Villahermosa, Mexico. Did you know that Skyscanner searches the internet to discover the lowest prices on Villahermosa hotels and resorts that are priced for every budget? If saving money is your thing, be sure to download our handy new mobile app so that you can search for and compare deals car rental prices too!
Villahermosa on a Budget
We know that it's not easy to find low-cost sightseeing opportunities when you are traveling in a foreign country. We've put together our top picks for budget-friendly sights to see while in Villahermosa, Mexico.
- See the Beautiful Village - Villahermosa translated means "beautiful village." In this respect, it does not disappoint. There are plenty of beautiful areas to explore within the city center including parks and recreation areas and even a centuries-old cemetery where Day of the Dead celebrations are held just like you see in the movies.
- Tour the Economic and Political Epicenter of Mexico - Villahermosa is not a small town, by any standards. The city is Tabasco's capital and the area's political powers are housed here. It is called home by the state's largest population and is also home to Mexico's oil industry.
- Drive to the Palenque Ruins - In less than an hour, you could be visiting the Mayan ruins in Palenque. The ancient city of Palenque stands at the area where the hills rise from the coastal plain before reaching the dense jungle. This provides an evocative backdrop to the exquisite Maya architecture you'll find there. Hundreds of ruins including buildings, pyramids, and temples are spread over 20 miles.