Car Rental from Gran Canaria Las Palmas Airport
You have found the cheapest flights to Las Palmas Airport (LPA) and booked the best hotel deal for your Canary Island vacation. Now it is time to find the lowest prices on rental cars. From Las Palmas Airport in Gran Canaria, you will have access to hundreds of vehicles from the most popular brands and smaller local and regional brokers, as well.
Car Rental Companies Serving Las Palmas Airport
Most of the major brands have counters conveniently located near the baggage claim areas on the ground floor of the airport. Other companies have shuttles available to take you to nearby locations. Here are some of the most popular car rental agencies as well as important features of each.
- Alamo Car Rental - Unlimited mileage, located onsite
- Enterprise Car Rental - Fair fuel policy, located onsite
- Budget Car Rental - Fair fuel, located onsite, unlimited mileage
- Hertz Car Rental - Fair fuel, located onsite, unlimited mileage
- Flizzr Car Rental - regional, located onsite
Renting a Car in the Canary Islands
All renters must have an international driving license, which can be obtained easily by providing a driver's license that is valid for your country of residence. In addition, most rental car companies require the following:
- Meets the minimum age requirement of 25 years
- Current insurance that can be verified --you can purchase insurance from the rental company
- A major credit card in the name of the renter --debit cards or prepaid cards are not permitted
Driving Directions from LPA to Nearby Cities
Las Palmas Airport is located three miles from Gran Canaria with a driving time of 15 minutes. You will need to take the GC-1 to reach the capital. This highway is the main thoroughfare that stretches across the Grand Island.
Puerto Rico, Canary Islands is located 29 miles from Las Palmas Airport. The driving time to Puerto Rico is around an hour.
Sights to See in Gran Canaria
- Lanzarote -Most people make their way south to Lanzarote for the most picture-perfect sugar sand beaches and clear waters. There are three main resorts: Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca, and Costa Teguise.
- Mirador del Rio - To the north, you will find beautiful natural beaches which are less inhabited and therefore a lot quieter. Here you where you will find Mirador del Rio overlook. The dome carved from lava rock offers breathtaking vistas.
- Tenerife - This lively resort town is home to some of the most stunning beaches and exciting nightlife. Beaches feature black sand. However, white sand has been imported from the Sahara. Take your rental car off the beaten path to explore the hidden gem of Playa Bollullo in the Orotava Valley.
Rental Car Alternatives
If you find that a rental car is not necessary and you only need a ride to and from your hotel or resort, check out Skyscanner's hotel shuttle search to make your pickup and drop-off arrangements ahead of time.