If you are looking for affordable transportation for your next vacation or business trip to Tampa, you need the best search tools to compare prices. Trusted by millions of travelers to find the best deals on airfare and hotel accommodations, Skyscanner also offers lowest prices on rental cars. From Tampa International Airport you will have access to a variety of vehicles from the most renowned brands, as well as reputable local and regional companies.
Renting a Car at Tampa International Airport
Most of the major brands have kiosks which are conveniently located across the walkway near the blue and red baggage claim areas. Other smaller, local, and regional companies offer shuttle services to their nearby locations.
Car Rental Companies Serving Tampa International Airport
Here are some of the most popular car rental agencies as well as relevant features of each.
- Alamo Car Rental - Located on-site, unlimited mileage
- Enterprise Car Rental - Located on-site, unlimited mileage, fair fuel policy
- Budget Car Rental - Located on-site, unlimited mileage, fair fuel policy
- Hertz Car Rental - Located on-site, unlimited mileage
- Payless Car Rental - Fair fuel policy, terminal pickup, unlimited mileage, and free cancellations
- Dollar Car Rental - unlimited mileage
- National Car Rental - Located on-site, unlimited mileage, fair fuel policy
General Rental Car Requirements
In addition to a valid driver's license, most rental car companies require that the driver:
- Meet minimum age requirements --typically 25 years of age
- Has current and verifiable insurance --or can purchase a policy for the rental term
- Has a major credit card in their name --debit cards and prepaid credit cards will not suffice
Driving Directions from Tampa International Airport to Nearby Cities
Tampa International Airport (TPA) is located six miles west of downtown Tampa off of I-275 N with a driving time of 15 minutes. Tampa is probably known as the cigar capital of the United States. There are many beautiful beaches and amusement parks nearby.
To St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Gulf beaches, and destinations westward you will want to take I-275 S to 22nd Ave S. The driving time to St. Petersburg is around 25 minutes. St Pete, as locals call it, is best known for its agreeable weather, sun-drenched waterfront, robust food culture, and museums.
To reach Ocala, The Villages, and destinations to the north take 1-75 N or FL-589 N. The driving time to Ocala is 1 hour 35 minutes. Ocala is best known for nearby Silver Springs. Here you can experience one of the world's largest artesian spring formations.
To Sarasota, Venice, Sun City Center, and other destinations to the south, you will want to take I-75 S. Driving time from TPA to Sarasota is just over one hour. Sarasota has beautiful beaches and the most pleasant weather, year round. It is also known as the cultural center of western Florida.
Rental Car Alternatives at Tampa International Airport
If you only need to reach your hotel or destination and won't need transportation during your stay, check out Skyscanner's hotel shuttle search to discover your options and make arrangements.