Cheap Flights from the UK
Using Skyscanner to help you find the best deals on flights from the UK is the best way to save money on airfare. Skyscanner uses the latest in search engine technology to scan through millions of flights on thousands of websites and hundreds of airlines in just seconds--to bring you the lowest prices on the internet. Get started planning your next adventure out of the United Kingdom with Skyscanner now!
Skyscanner’s Travel Hacks for Finding Great Flight Deals from the UK
When searching for flights out of the United Kingdom on Skyscanner, make sure to use the following helpful tricks to get the most out of your search for great deals.
Everywhere Search: Our “Everywhere” search helps you to find the absolute best deals out of your departure city in the UK, whether you’re leaving from London, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow--or somewhere else. To use the “Everywhere” search, simply enter your departure city and then choose “Everywhere” in the destination box--and then press enter. The following page will display a listing of the best deals for you to take advantage of on your trip out of town.
Map View: Skyscanner’s Map View tool is kind of like the Everywhere search, only with Map View your results come in an at-a-glance display of all of the best deals to destinations across the globe, leaving from your departure city. To use the Map View feature, simply search “Everywhere” and click on the Map View link in the top right hand corner of the search box to find great flights deals from the UK.
Month View: When your travel dates are less flexible, and even when searching for last minute flights from the UK, try using the “month view” to display your search results. The month view will allow you to see price fluctuations on your preferred flight throughout the entire month, allowing you to focus on finding the best price within the month, week, or days you plan to travel. Choose “entire month” from the dropdown box when searching for flights on Skyscanner to take advantage of this feature.
Search Nearby Airports: There are many airports in the UK, from the massive, bustling London Heathrow Airport to the tiny Land’s End Airport, located West of Penzance, in Cornwall. If you’re on the hunt for great deals, it helps to search not only from the closest airport to you, but from other ones as well--and Skyscanner can help you do that with its “Add Nearby Airports” button. To use this feature, simply check the “Add Nearby Airports” box located below the departure and destination search fields when performing a search.
Skyscanner’s Hottest Deals on Last Minute Flights from the UK
There are great deals out there on flights from the United Kingdom, especially on budget airline companies like Ryanair and Easyjet. Check out these example fares we’ve seen recently using Syscanner to search for the cheap flights from the UK:
- Just $18 for a roundtrip, mid-May flight from London Stansted (STN) to Basel, Switzerland (BSL) on Ryanair
- Spend a few days exploring Reykjavik on flights from London to Iceland, only $64 roundtrip on Easyjet
- Paint the town red on a vacation in the Big Apple on flights from United Kingdom to New York City, from Edinburgh (EDI) to Newark International (EWR) on Wow Air, just $333 roundtrip
- Spend a long weekend in beautiful Dublin on flights from the United Kingdom to Ireland, leaving from Leeds Bradford (LBA) on Ryanair for just $22 roundtrip
- To find great deals like these, follow the links to our “Everywhere” search and set the travel dates to “Flexible”--and start scanning the web to find the best fares of the year, only on Skyscanner.
Flights from London City Airports
Flying from the London area? London has 5 different major airports, meaning that passengers are in luck when it comes to options, the opportunity to find great flight deals, and sheer convenience. The airport you choose to fly out from should depend on a variety of factors, including airlines, flight routes, travel times, distance, and more. Here is a list of the five London airports and some information about each one to help you make a decision about where to book your departure flight.
- London Heathrow (LHR): London Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in the UK, and the third busiest in the world--which directly translates to lots of passenger traffic, no matter when you fly. The sheer volume of flights, especially on flights from the UK to New York City, and flights from the United Kingdom to Canada, and all other international destinations, can mean great savings and a broad range of flight choices. LHR also has a fantastic listing of world class restaurants, shops, premium lounges, spas, and other things to do at the airport while you wait.
- London Gatwick (LGW): London Gatwick is the city’s newest airport, and the second largest (and busiest) when it comes to passenger traffic. Some definite perks and advantages of flying through LGW are shorter lines when compared to London Heathrow, and a long list of airline choices that include easyJet and Virgin Atlantic. When traveling through London Gatwick, make sure to get there early and find out whether your flight is leaving from the North or South terminal in advance--the airport is quite large and spread out, and you’ll need to take extra care to avoid missing your flight!
- London Stansted Airport (STN): Located in the Uttlesford district of Essex, and just 30 miles Northeast of London’s city center is the London Stansted Airport--another great option for travel to and from the UK. The airport offers flights to more than 170 cities all over the world, and is a base for a number of low cost carriers like Ryanair, easyJet, and FlyBe. In fact, STN is a major hub for Ryanair, which flies to 130 destinations from the airport.
- London Luton Airport (LLA): London Luton Airport is located about 25 miles away from London’s city center, in Bedfordshire, England. Flights to Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Budapest are among the airport’s busiest routes, on airlines like easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz Air, and Monarch Airlines. One of the biggest perks to flying out of LLA is the easy, fast access to London’s center, only 22 minutes from St Pancras station on East Midlands Trains.
- London City Airport (LCY): LCY is the closest airport to London’s City Center, located in the Royal Docks in the London Borough of Newham. If you’re flying out of London on business, chances are you will closely consider leaving out of LCY due to its close proximity to town--and to London’s bustling financial district. The airport itself is designed for short and long haul flights for business travelers, although many leisure destinations are now included in the airport’s list of flights.
- London Southend Airport (SEN): London Southend Airport is located in the Rochford District of Essex, approximately 42 minutes from London’s city center. A much smaller facility when compared to other London city airports, SEN is growing rapidly with twelve new routes planned for 2017. The airport offers low-priced flights throughout the year on budget airlines FlyBe and easyJet, to 28 vacation destinations throughout Europe, including Vienna, Paris, Barcelona and Amsterdam.