Norway is a popular tourist destination for many travelers. It can be an expensive trip, however. That is where Skyscanner comes in with innovative and easy-to-use tools to help you find the cheapest flight, hotels, and rental cars possible. This makes planning your dream Norwegian vacation to Trondheim a breeze.
The best way to ensure you find the cheapest airfare to Trondheim is to plan in advance and to have a flexible schedule. Using Skyscanner's unique cheapest month search we were able to book low-cost airfare to Trondheim Airport during the month of December starting at $130 from popular US cities.
Cheapest Flights From the US to Trondheim Airport
Remember that Skyscanner makes it easy to find the lowest airfare to Trondheim Airport from your area, as well.
- New York City to Trondheim Airport
- San Francisco to Trondheim Airport
- Seattle Washington State to Trondheim Airport
- Los Angeles to Trondheim Airport
- Boston Logan to Trondheim Airport
What to Expect When You Arrive at Trondheim Airport
Trondheim Airport is the fourth largest airport in Norway. It serves more than 4 million passengers each year. The three main airlines that use Trondheim as a hub are:
This is the only airport in Trondheim and the surrounding region. Trondheim is modern and updated. It has many restaurants and shopping.
Renting a Car at Trondheim Airport
There are several transport options available when you arrive at Trondheim Airport. Low-cost public transport, buses and trains, and free hotel shuttle transport are the most affordable. However, you may also be interested in usingSkyscanner's Trondheim cheap car rental search to reserve a rental car at the lowest price possible.
Seeing Trondheim on a Budget
Skyscanner makes it easy to find cheap Trondheim hotels and resorts, including many 4 and 5-star accommodations. Trondheim is most famous for being one of the region's oldest known settlements of the Viking Age. The settlement, founded in 997 was a trading post and served as the capital of Norway. The current municipality was established in 1964 when it merged with four other cities. These days Trondheim is occupied by a diverse demographic of university students to retirees and everyone in between.
- Dive into the history of coastal Norway. See historic buildings, excavations, museum exhibits, and picturesque scenery all for free.
- Visit Nidarosdomen. This is the biggest medieval church in all of Scandinavia.
- Tour the Kristiansten Fortress located across the Nidelva River on the east side. It offers magnificent views of both the old town and the Trondheimsfjord.
- Salute the Rustkammeret. Next to the Nidaros Cathedral, you'll find a military museum of ancient swords, cannons and other related items dating 1700 to 1900.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Trondheim
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.