Cheap Flights from London to Milan in 2019
Flight information London to Milan
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 591 miles
Most popular airline last month
Milan Malpensa, Milan Bergamo and Milan Linate
When you are planning your trip from London to Milan, you need to find the best deals and get tips on best times to travel, and more information about your destination. Skyscanner ensures that you have the most up-to-date prices. We used thecheapest month search and discovered that the best prices on tickets from London to Milan are during the month of June, where you can find flights for under $20. The best days to make this short trip are Mondays and Wednesdays.
Departing from London's AirportsThe two main airports serving the London area are Heathrow and Gatwick. Here is some important information about each that will be helpful to decide the best one for your departure.
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Heathrow is the largest airport in London and one of the busiest in the world, serving over 75 million passengers each year. LHR is located 14 miles west of London center. The airport is accessible by public transportation and taxi. However, if you are driving to the airport, there is long-term parking available at the rate of $24 for the first 24 hours and 25.43 for each day thereafter (prices subject to change).
- London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
Gatwick Airport is the second largest airport in the area located 29 miles southeast of the center of London. The airport serves as a hub for British Airways. Secure long-term parking is available for $25.68 per day.
Arriving in Milan
There are three primary airports serving Milan: Linate, Bergamo, and Malpensa.
- Milan Linate Airport (LIN)
Linate airport, is around 5 miles southeast of Milan center. The airport is medium sized and serves around 10 million passengers every year. Most arriving passengers utilize rental cars or airport shuttles to reach Milan. There are also taxis and public buses available.
- Milan Bergamo Airport (BGY)
Bergamo Airport is the smallest airport in Milan and is known for being a hub to low-cost airlines. If you are looking for a cheap trip, you may want to consider flying into this airport. Bergamo Bus offers transfers the hour drive from Milan city center to the airport for under $7.
- Milan Malpensa Airport (MPX)
The largest of Milan's airports it is also located the farthest away 22 miles northwest of Milan. There are around 30 million passengers who pass through the airport each year. You will find an abundance of taxis and public transportation available. Most hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport, as well.
Cheapest Tickets from London to Milan Starting at $19Here are the lowest priced tickets available using Skyscanner's powerful search features.
- Cheap Flights from London Heathrow to Milan Linate Airport
- Cheap Flights from London Heathrow to Milan Bergamo Airport
- Cheap Flights from London Heathrow to Milan Malpensa Airport
- Cheap Flights from London Gatwick to Milan Linate Airport
- Cheap Flights from London Gatwick to Milan Bergamo Airport
- Cheap Flights from London Gatwick to Milan Malpensa Airport
What is there to Do and See in Milan?
Milan is known as the business center of Italy. However, that does not mean that it is a stuffy buttoned-up city. There are many fun adventures to be had in Milan. Here are the top three we recommend:
- Visit the Cathedral of Santa Maria Nascente or Il Duomo. It is among the largest in the world. This magnificent church is the most exquisite example of the Gothic style architecture and art.
- See an Opera at Teatro alla Scala. Perhaps the most prestigious opera house in the world, the La Scala has been filled with the sounds of every great composer and singer.
- Tour the Castello Sforzesco. This historic castle was held by the Visconti family who ruled from 1277 to 1447.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.