Cheap Flights from New York to Austin-Bergstrom in 2019
Flight information New York to Austin-Bergstrom
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1517 miles
Most popular airline last month
With a little flexibility and Skyscanner's unique search features, you can find flights from New York City to Austin Bergstrom Airport (AUS) for under $125. We don't have to tell you what a great deal that is! Typically, you will find that the cheapest flights from New York City to AUS are between Tuesday and Friday. Using the cheapest month search feature, we found the cheapest tickets were available during the months of June and September.
Airports in New York City
If your trip originates in New York City there are several airports in or around NYC to choose from. The three busiest are LaGuardia, JFK, and Newark. Here is what you need to know about each.
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA), Flushing, New York
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Queens, New York
- Newark International Airport (EWR), Newark, New Jersey
LGA is located 8.2 miles from Manhattan, in Flushing, NY. This makes it the closest of New York's airports to the heart of the city. LGA is accessible by public transit, taxi, cars, and ride sharing services. The airport is modern and offers many conveniences like free WiFi, shops, restaurants, bars, numerous lounges, televisions, and entertainment facilities. The airport serves around 30 million passengers each year.
Located in Queens, JFK is about fifteen miles (or 45 minutes by car) from central Manhattan. This airport is enormous and modern, with all of the conveniences you need in an international airport. JFK serves more than 29 million passengers each year.
Located just across the bridge in New Jersey, EWR is around 16 miles from midtown Manhattan. Around 30 million passengers pass through EWR each year. If you are traveling to EWR from the city service via Air Train is very economical.
Cheap Flights From New York City to Austin, Texas
Using Skyscanner we were able to discover these amazing deals on tickets from various airports around in and around New York City traveling to AUS.
- Flights from New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to Austin-Bergstrom Airport
- Flights from New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) to Austin-Bergstrom Airport
- Flights from New York Newark International Airport (EWR) to Austin-Bergstrom Airport
When You Arrive at Austin-Bergstrom Airport
AUS is a large and busy airport located 5 miles south of the city of Austin, Texas. Each year the airport serves around 12 million passengers. The new facility was opened to the public in 1994. It has many features that make traveling more convenient. When you arrive at the airport, you will find restaurants, bars, lounges, gift shops, and a business center. In keeping with the theme, of Austin, the airport features stages with live music performances from up-and-comers in the Austin music scene.
What is There to Do in Austin?
When you arrive in Austin, you will want to experience the sights and sounds of the 'Live Music Capital of the World.' The atmosphere in Austin has been described as eclectic and funky. Here are a must see ideas for your next trip to Austin from New York City.
- See Austin City Limits. Catch a live recording of the show or just take a guided tour of the longest-running music show in American history. All the greats have taken this stage, making ACL a sight to see when you are visiting.
- Visit the Dirty Sixth. In Austin, the area on 6th Street between Congress Street and I 35 is known as Dirty Sixth. It is the center of the Austin music scene. The area is alive with activity from one-off shops, restaurants, and music joints like Esther's Follies, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, and Pete's Dueling Piano Bar.
- Explore Zilker Park. You want to reserve at least an entire day to explore Zilker Park thoroughly. The artsy will appreciate the UMLAUF Sculpture Garden and Museum. Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a stroll amongst the brightly hued flowers at the Botanical Gardens. And the young and young at heart will want to take a dip in Barton Springs, a local swimming hole.
Reserve Your Hotel in Austin
With hundreds of three, four, and five-star hotels in Austin, the choice can be overwhelming. Skyscanner not only offers the best deals on flights but also the best rates on hotels in Austin, Texas. And don't forget to search for the best prices onrental carsas well.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.