Cheap Flights from New York to Los Angeles International
Flight information New York to Los Angeles International
cheapest roundtrip price from New York to Los Angeles International last month
airlines fly non-stop from New York to Los Angeles International
flights a week from New York to Los Angeles International
average flight time from New York to Los Angeles International, total distance 2460 miles
was the most popular airline flying from New York to Los Angeles International last month
Los Angeles International
The route between New York and Los Angeles might be the most showbiz journey in America, as performing artists of all kinds creatively cross-pollinate from one side of the country to the other. Over 2,500 miles lie between the cities, and you can count on spending just under 6 hours in the air, if you fly direct.
John F. Kennedy International Airport(JFK) to Los Angeles International Airport(LAX) is often referenced as the busiest long-haul route in the USA. There are hundreds of nonstop flights on the route each week. American Airlines alone offers 94 weekly direct flights, but every major airline and several budget airlines also have busy schedules. Virgin America and United fly from Newark (EWR) to LAX. There are no nonstop flights to LAX from LaGuardia Airport(LGA) but there are great deals to be had if you can tolerate a short layover at another major US hub.
Making your way to New York’s airports
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)- This is the city’s largest and busiest airport, which is spread over 8 huge terminals. Take the rapid AirTrain to get from one part of JFK to another. It’s possible to reach JFK by public transportation. It’s a long trip from most parts of the city, but the NYC subway and the Long Island Railway both connect to the AirTrain.
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)- The airport is located in New Jersey but it’s so close to the city that is regularly appears in “New York All Airports” searches. In fact, Newark may be more convenient from certain areas on NYC, and it’s also often cheaper. It has three terminals: A, B, and C. Public transportation access is fairly straightforward. NJ Transit trains run between New York’s Penn Station and the Newark Airport Train Station, which connects to Newark’s AirTrain.
LaGuardia Airport (LGA)LGA sees a lot of passenger traffic, but it’s fairly efficient and navigable. There are four terminals with the designations A through D. While it is possible to access LaGuardia by public transit, options are limited, complicated, and time-consuming, especially if you’re burdened with luggage. If at all possible, plan to arrive by car.
Arriving in Los Angeles
If your eyes are accustomed to the gray concrete and black workaday uniforms of NYC, Los Angeles is something of an assault to the senses and a celebration of color. The promised Endless Summer of California is at its shiniest in LA, and the lure of the beach is always strong. If you’re traveling with kids, Cabrillo Beach is especially sand-castle friendly. If you’re more in the mood for people-watching and competitive sunbathing, Manhattan Beach is the place to go.
Save money on your tickets from New York to Los Angeles with Skyscanner’s airfare comparison tool. We take all the work out finding great deals on flights, and it’s totally free to use.
Do browser cookies increase flight prices?
- Skyscanner is unbiased: clearing your cookies will not change or increase the price you see on our site
- Skyscanner is only able to show prices passed on to us by the travel agent or airline whose prices we display.
- Availability of seats and how far in advance you book will affect flight prices
- Sign up for price alerts emails so that'll you'll know as soon as flights to a specific destination have changed.
- Booking multiple destination flights are one of the best ways to save money. Find out how to build the perfect itinerary with Skyscanner's multi city flight search tool.
- If you're flexible on the dates you can travel, search for flights on Skyscanner across a whole month or even year! This way you'll find the cheapest days on which you should fly to get a bargain.
- Use our 'Everywhere' search tool to find flights to, well, everywhere, and we'll show you the cheapest flight prices for a range of destinations in a given date period.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 15 days.