Cheap Flights from Portland to New York
Flight information Portland to New York
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 2432 miles
Most popular airline last month
New York John F. Kennedy, New York Newark, New York LaGuardia and Stewart International
Skyscanner offers unique search tools that help you find the lowest prices no matter where you are flying to or from. The cheapest flights from Portland to New York City depart on Thursday and Friday. Using the cheapest month search featurewe found the cheapest airline tickets for this route during the month of September.
Departing from Portland International AirportPortland International Airport (PDX)is the largest airport in Oregon. PDX is located 12 miles northeast of Portland. Long-term parking at PDX is available at a rate of $21 per day. The airport has direct flights and connecting flights to all major cities in the US and throughout the world. Portland International is a hub for:
Airports in New York City
Your New York City adventure begins with choosing your destination airport. There are several airports serving NYC. The three main NYC airports are LaGuardia, JFK, and Newark. Here is some information about each.
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA), Flushing, New York
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Queens, New York
- Newark International Airport (EWR), Newark, New Jersey
LaGuardia is located 8.2 miles from Manhattan, in the city Flushing in the Queens Borough. This is the closest airport to midtown Manhattan. LGA is easily accessible by public transportation including the subway and bus lines, as well as taxis, cars, and ride sharing services. The airport is one of the most modern in the country and offers many conveniences like free WiFi, restaurants, bars, shopping, lounges with televisions, and other entertainment facilities. Each year around 30 million passengers pass through this airport.
Also located in Queens is JFK. The airport facility, though, is about fifteen miles from central Manhattan. It takes about 45 minutes to get to midtown Manhattan by car or taxi. The airport is modern and busy. JFK serves around 29 million passengers every year.
Located across the bridge from NYC, in New Jersey, you will find EWR. It is only 16 miles from midtown, however. The largest airport in New Jersey, EWR serves 30 million passengers each year. To travel from EWR into the city, Air Train is the most economical choice.
Cheapest Tickets to New York City from Portland International AirportThese are the lowest prices available found using Skyscanner.
What is There to Do in New York City?
If you want your trip to New York City to be unforgettable, here are the top three sights you must see.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty. Our nation's most iconic monument was first open to the public in 1898. Be sure to book your tour ahead of time, as tours inside the statue and up to the observation deck are limited and must be reserved several weeks in advance.
- Experience Times Square. Always bustling, Times Square is the center of New York City activity. Within walking distance from this hub, it is said that there are over 400 attractions, tours, eateries, and entertainment.
- Catch a Broadway Show. Even if you haven't planned ahead, there is always a show to see. Don't be afraid to venture over one or two streets to see an off-Broadway production. You may be surprised to find some of the best up and coming productions as well as established actors and actresses on stage.
Reserve Your Hotel and Rental Car in New York
There is no shortage of hotels in and around the city. But how are you supposed to find the NYC hotel that is perfect for you? Skyscanner not only has the lowest prices on flights but also the best vacation hotel deals too. Don't forget, you can reserve your New York rental car or airport shuttle using Skyscanner for the lowest prices.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.