Search over 1,200 trusted travel partners to find the best flight deals 👇
What is a Flight Alert?
A flight alert tracks the price of a specific route or flight. When the price changes, you’ll be notified via email or push notification if the price went up or down (and by how much). Flight alerts are completely free and can be stopped at any moment. It is also possible to have multiple price alerts set up at once which is a great option if you are comparing vacation destinations. It really is a must-have tool, especially for budget travelers, because flight alerts are hands-down one of the best ways to find cheap flights, fast.
Why do I need Airfare Alerts?
Flight alerts help you stay on top of flight and route price changes, so you’re informed exactly what is changing and by how much. With the tedious work taken care of and time saved researching price changes, you have more time to plan the fun parts of your vacation!
Does Skyscanner Offer Airfare Alerts?
You bet we do! Whether you are looking for the cheapest route and flights to a specific destination, or just shopping around to see where you can go for the best deal, the Skyscanner price alerts can help you find the best flight deals. Plus, we make it really easy with both desktop and app airfare alert options.
Flight Alert Setup: How to track price changes & score cheap flights
- Open the Skyscanner app or desktop homepage.
- Search for the flight that you are interested in tracking.
- Tap the bell icon in the bottom-left on app (or top-left on desktop)
- Tap ‘Create’ and you’re all set! You will be notified with any price changes.
How do I set up a Flight Alert?
Flight Alerts on Mobile App
- If you haven’t already, you will need to download the Skyscanner app. Select the plane icon to search for flights.
- Search for your flight route and the preferred dates.
- When your search loads, you will notice a round, grey button with a bell icon towards the bottom left of the screen. Click that.
- A small screen will pop up asking if you want to know when the price changes. Click create and you will get a message that you are subscribed. You will now receive price alerts for this route on your specified dates.
Price tracker on Desktop
- To set up Skyscanner flight alerts, you will first need a Skyscanner account. If you have one already-great! If not, you will need to create one so that notifications can be sent to your email address. To do this, look to the top right of the screen-click the log in button- and follow the next steps.
- Once you are logged in, you can conduct a search for the route and dates you are interested in tracking.
- With your chosen route selected, look to the left of your screen. You should see a button with a bell icon that says “get price alerts”. This is what you want to click. If you are already signed in, you are good to go. If not, it will ask you for your email. Enter your email address then click ‘Create Alert’. You will now be notified of any price changes for this route.
How Will I Receive Cheap Flight Alerts?
Price alerts can be received in one of two ways. If you have set up price alerts on your desktop, then you will receive an email every time the price changes. If you signed up for price alerts via the Skyscanner app, then you can choose to receive push notifications for every change.
How Often Will I Receive Flight Alerts?
You will be notified every time the price changes so you can best keep track. As there is no standard for how often airfare changes, there is no maximum or minimum number of times that you will be notified. Our goal is to keep you up to date and help ensure that you get the best deal available and the best way to do this is to notify you every time there is a price increase or decrease.
Top Tips for Tacking Your Flights with Flight Alerts
By tracking your flights you are already doing yourself a huge favor and setting yourself up to find the best flight deals. That being said, there are a few extra steps you can take to help you find the cheapest deals.
- Set up multiple flight alerts. Consider changing the airports at your departure and arrival destination if there are multiple choice or other options nearby. More options will increase your chance for cheap flight alerts.
- Start tracking early. The earlier you set up price alerts, the better chance you have at finding a great deal with seat sales, error fares, and early booking advantages.
- Share your itinerary. If you are travelling with friends, get everyone to sign up for flight alerts so you can all help each other keep track. Even if you are travelling alone, see if a friend or family member will help.
There are many amazing features in the Skyscanner App!
Check out avid travelers Damon and Jo’s explanation on how to set up and get the most out of your airfare alerts.