Disclaimer: We know that travel is especially difficult right now. But alongside the latest COVID-19 travel advice and updates, we want to continue to inspire you with new travel content so that when the world opens its doors again, you’ll be ready.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Cathay Pacific flight deals are now over for 2020. We hope that you managed to get a great deal, but if you didn’t – or you want to score another – you can sign up to receive the latest deal alerts from the US below.
Don’t miss a single flight deal
Stay one step ahead with travel deals, tips and news sent straight to your inbox.
You can also read on for tips on how to find great deals with added safety on Skyscanner using our flexible flight tickets filter and airline cleanliness ratings.
Cathay Pacific, like other airlines, has also adjusted its change and cancellation policies to give you more flexibility. Here are some general changes that Cathay Pacific announced on its website:
- Rebooking and rerouting fees waived.
- One year of no-fee unlimited ticket changes for flights purchased through December 31, 2020.
Please note: Travel advice is changing all the time. Please always review current government for the latest COVID-19 information, prior to booking travel.
How to find Cathay Pacific Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Skyscanner’s search engine always looks for the cheapest prices across millions of flights, hotels, and car hire options to help you book the perfect trip. Since COVID-19 has changed the way we travel, there are some new things you should know about the Skyscanner app and desktop site. We’re going to give you several inside tips that will help you plan a safe getaway when you travel during COVID.
Disclaimer: The deals you see here are selected for being lower than average prices for flights based on your route and travel dates. Fares are subject to availability.
Finding flight deals on the Skyscanner app
In seconds, you can pull up great Cathay Pacific sale deals on the Skyscanner mobile app. When you do, there are new features you need to be aware of that will help make your planning less stressful. We’ve added new flight information that will help travelers mitigate any financial or potential health risks while traveling during COVID. These include:
- Flexible flight tickets: When you’re in the app, you’ll have the ability to toggle on the ‘Flexible tickets‘ filter at the top of search results. What this does is allow you to search only for airfare that has expanded their change and cancellation terms. If you don’t see the toggle button, just tap ‘Filter’ and scroll down to access the ‘Flexible tickets‘ feature. Then tap ‘Apply’ to narrow your search results.
- Airline safety rating: Airlines across the globe have made adjustments to keep staff and passengers safe while flying, such as daily deep cleaning of the aircraft and flight crew wearing PPE. Skyscanner’s new airline safety rating is calculated on five total safety criteria. To see an airline’s rating in the Skyscanner app, just tap any itinerary and scroll down to the ‘COVID-19 confidence‘ section. Cathay Pacific’s airline safety rating is an incredible 5 out of 5.
Finding deals on the Skyscanner website
You can plan flexible, care-free travel on Skyscanner’s website by filtering flight search results for flexible tickets and by the airline safety rating score.
Here’s how to search using these new features:
- Search Flights and fill out the details of your itinerary.
- You can select the ‘Flexible tickets’ checkbox before clicking ‘Search Flights,’ but if you forget, you can still do it on the next screen.
- Skyscanner’s newest flight filters appear to the left of search results. Toggle them on and off to see airlines with flexible tickets and itineraries that have specific COVID-19 safety ratings. Cathay Pacific’s airline safety rating is an incredible 5 out of 5.
Flight Search Tips for a Cathay Pacific Sale
- Set a Price Alert in the Skyscanner app to get notified about cheap deals on flights. Using the app is the best way to get instant notifications when flight prices drop. Download the app before Black Friday to set up Price Alerts to all your favorite destinations. When you set a Price Alert on Skyscanner, we’ll send you a push notification to alert you when the price changes on the itinerary you chose.
- Compare one-way vs round-trip flights: Searching for flights by checking both one-way and round-trip will give you different options for price, date, and time. You may be surprised what you see–even during a Cathay Pacific sale. Compare both searches to find the optimal travel deal.
- Double-check restrictions on deals: Some of the flight deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday are for the lowest cabin class. Make sure to check baggage allowances with Cathay Pacific to ensure the price is actually worth it. Check for other restrictions as well, like blackout dates, stay-length requirements, and date restrictions on when you can travel.
- Be flexible: If you’re flexible, use Skyscanner’s ‘Everywhere’ search feature to discover the cheapest destinations available on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
How to discover where you can go – and get inspiration on where to travel next!
Even if you aren’t ready to travel again just yet, you’re probably eager to get back out and explore our wondrous world again. With pandemic travel restrictions continuously changing, it’s difficult and time-consuming to figure out where we can actually travel right now. To help make it easier for you, our talented team developed resources that will help you easily find out which countries are open right now for international tourism.
Discover where you can go now
Our “Where’s Open?” map is updated daily and will show you which countries are open around the world. Click into specific countries to see if it has opened its borders for tourism and, if so, what restrictions or requirements you need to be aware of.
Even though we work hard to bring you the latest updates, travel advice and restrictions are still changing frequently. Make sure to always review government information and guidelines before you book and again before you travel. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on updates from the airline carrier(s) you’ll be flying with, too.
Set up alerts for your dream destinations to know when you can travel there again
It’s time-consuming to check back often for updates. That’s why you can set up country-specific alerts on our “Where’s Open?” map. Once you create an alert, we’ll notify you as soon as restrictions change for your selected countries.
Get inspired on where to go next
Not sure where to travel next? We have the inspiration you need:
- 2021 travel trends and how traveler focus is shifting
- This travel quiz will tell you where you should visit in 2021
- 11 warm places to visit in January
- How to plan a multi-country holiday during COVID-19
Plan safe and travel smart
Skyscanner isn’t just for flight searches. You can also use Skyscanner to find the hotel deals in your destination. Since the pandemic began, we’ve introduced two new tools for accommodations that will help you book with confidence.
- Hotel cancellation policy. Use this filter if you’re worried about potentially needing to cancel your travel plans. Switching it on will narrow your search results to only hotels that offer free cancellation.
- Hotel cleanliness rating. This new badge is prominently stamped right on each search result that scores a 4.5 or above (out of 5 possible points). The hotel cleanliness rating is based on other travelers’ firsthand experience so you can choose the cleanest hotels as rated by fellow explorers.
When you’re ready to plan and book your next getaway, head over to Skyscanner to start your hotel and flight search and book travel with confidence.
More Black Friday Deals with Skyscanner
|Black Friday Hotel Deals 2020||Frontier Black Friday Deals|
|Delta Black Friday Deals||Emirates Black Friday Deals|
|United Airlines Black Friday Deals||Marriott Black Friday Hotel Deals|
Ready for the next adventure? Start your flight search below. 👇
Cathay Pacific Black Friday Sale 2020
Over the past few years, we’ve shared lots of Black Friday and Cyber Monday flight sales from Cathay Pacific on this page. They’ve offered deals on some Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class fares. Cathay Pacific is at it again this year with Cyber Week deals!
Flights departing the U.S. from Boston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, and Seattle are some of the best cities to find discounted seats to most Asia destinations Cathay Pacific serves.
Deals will go live on Black Friday (November 27).