If you dream about traveling again in the near future, just imagine all the amazing places you can visit across the United States. Fantastic flight fares make this even better! Luckily, there’s loads of great deals on domestic routes, from New York to L.A. and everywhere in between.
In addition to providing updates and the latest guidelines regarding COVID-19, we still want to share the best deals and how to find them so that when the world does open its doors again, you’ll be ready to explore it. Check out some of the cheap flights we found to top destinations around the country:
|Departure city||Destination||Round-trip fare|
|Los Angeles||San Francisco||$97|
|New York City||Miami||$37|
All prices are subject to availability and may change depending on the airport of origin, as well as the data selected. Prices shown include round-trip flight tickets for an adult, including estimates and taxes. Prices found and verified on April 1, 2021.
We strongly recommend reviewing the coronavirus advice from your local authorities and governments, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of State, as well as the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) — a reliable and trusted source of global news and information.
Other ways to find cheap round-trip flights
It’s easy to use our flight search to find cheap round-trip flight deals in any given month. Here’s how to search Skyscanner’s website in 3 easy steps:
- Type in your origin and destination locations.
- For your departure and return dates, select “Whole Month” and then whichever month you’d like to travel in.
- When you tap Search, Skyscanner shows you prices by day, so you can view flight options based on the cheapest days to fly.
If you want to watch airfare for a few days, go ahead and set a price alert in Skyscanner. We will notify you the moment there’s a fluctuation in price so you can take advantage of the best airfare.
Discovering cheap flights is easier than ever. Finding that wallet-friendly ticket can sweeten the deal when you start to plan your next trip. Before making any reservations though, check local government guidelines for the latest travel restrictions to ensure you’re in for a smooth journey.
Tips and tricks for finding cheap flights
While searching, there are a few more quick hacks that can make your hunt for deals even more fruitful.
- Research neighboring airports. For instance, Providence, Rhode Island, has a bustling airport only 90 minutes outside of Boston, with a direct train between cities. New York City also has several airports to choose from, some father from downtown than others. Widen your search to include nearby airports for potentially cheaper options!
- Consider other dates. If you’re super flexible, try searching for a full year to see trends on which months are cheapest for different destinations. If you’re willing to travel off-season, your dream destination is more likely to become a reality under $100.
- Be open to different destinations. Lastly, if your actual destination is not set in stone, you can use Skyscanner’s Everywhere Search to find flights under $100. Lots of different cities will be available within your budget, including some you may have not considered for a trip!
As destinations welcome visitors again, be sure you’re taking the right precautions to make your trip a safe one. Check local government or CDC guidelines if you’re unsure. When you’re ready to explore again and start your next flight search, use Skyscanner’s Greener Choice label to identify sustainable travel options and turn on our flexible travel filter to view routes that offer an expanded change or cancellation policy.
Discover where you can go
Making plans to get back out there? Find out where borders are open with our interactive global map, and sign up to receive email updates when your top destinations reopen.
FAQs on cheap round-trip flights under $100
When you do a flight search in Skyscanner, use the “whole month” feature to pull up the flight calendar for your itinerary. The green-colored dates offer the most affordable rates. Select one for your departure date and another for your return, and you’ll be able to see some of the lowest rates available for your itinerary.
Set a Skyscanner price alert to explore which dates will work best for your budget. You can set a certain dollar amount as well and we will send you an email when that flight becomes available within your set parameters. This is a great way to find a cheap flight for under $100.
Yes! You can access all flight deals via Skyscanner’s mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
Want to read more?
- Coronavirus travel advice: Everything you need to know about domestic travel restrictions and airline cancellation policies.
- The best places to travel in May: 9 sunny destinations: Make some spring flings a reality with these amazing locales.
- Guide to all-inclusive resorts in Florida: Treat yourself to a stay at one of these fantastic all-inclusive resorts in the Sunshine State.