When travel isn’t possible, you can still experience the best a country has to offer through its cuisine. Skyscanner has collaborated with chefs, restaurants, brands and passionate home cooks from around the world to bring you a series of recipes you can make from your very own kitchen.
Natalie Kim, Skyscanner, Singapore
I moved from Korea to Singapore by myself in February 2020, and thought I would be able to visit Korea once a month. However, due to COVID-19, I couldn’t make it home for over two months. I’ve been looking for some interesting activities to do during the circuit breaker period, and found making Dalgona coffee was easy and fun. Also, the taste of Dalgona coffee makes me feel nostalgic for Korea.
- 2 tablespoons of black coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- 2 cups of cold milk
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- In a large bowl, add coffee powder, sugar and hot water in a 1:1:1 ratio. If you add too much water, it is difficult to foam, so you need to adjust the ratio carefully.
- Mix the mixture more than 400 times with a whisk. Mix in one direction until it becomes creamy and does not drip when spooned.
- Pour milk up to 2/3 point into a cup. If you like it warm, gently heat the milk. If you like your coffee cold, add ice.
- Put the whipped Dalgona coffee cream on top of the milk.