Disclaimer: We know that travel is especially difficult right now. But alongside the latest COVID-19 travel advice and updates, we want to continue to inspire you with new travel content so that when the world opens its doors again, you’ll be ready.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday with American Airlines are now over for 2020. We hope that you managed to get a great flight deal, but if you didn’t – or you want to score another – you can sign up to receive the latest deal alerts from the US below.
Don’t miss a single flight deal
Stay one step ahead with travel deals, tips and news sent straight to your inbox.
You can also read on for tips on how to find great deals with added safety on Skyscanner using our flexible flight tickets filter and airline cleanliness ratings.
How to find American Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday flight deals
Our app and website have exciting new features that allow you to filter search results for flexible tickets and safety rating scores, making your next adventure smarter and safer. Learn how to use them below.
Disclaimer: The deals you see here are selected for being lower than average prices for flights based on your route and travel dates. Fares are subject to availability.
Finding flight deals on the Skyscanner app
The Skyscanner app makes it easy to search for your next flight deal and travel with peace of mind.
- After you’ve typed in your desired destination and travel dates, select the ‘flexible tickets’ option on the left side of the screen. This option narrows the search down to include airlines who have made changes to their ticketing policy in light of COVID-19.
- To filter for American Airlines only, tap ‘Filter’ at the top right corner and scroll down to the section marked ‘Airlines.’ Deselect all but American Airlines.
- Once you’ve chosen your American Airlines flight deal, scroll down to the ‘COVID-19 confidence’ section. Here you can review American Airline’s safety rating as well as on board health and safety measures.
Finding deals on the Skyscanner website
Travel is less stressful when you have choices. Prepare for your next trip by searching for flexible tickets and selecting an airline based on its safety ratings.
- After you’ve entered your desired destination and travel dates, select the ‘flexible tickets’ option on the left side of the screen.
- Further down, you will see additional filters including ‘Airlines’ and ‘COVID-19 safety rating.’
- Click the box for ‘American Airlines’ and uncheck the rest.
Top tips for booking American Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday flight deals
- Be the first to know about American Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals by setting a Price Alert on the Skyscanner app.
- Use filters to narrow down results to include only American Airlines flights.
- Search and compare one-way vs round trip flights if you want to get the best deal.
- Don’t ignore the restrictions on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Carefully review baggage allowances, blackout dates, and stay-length requirements.
- Use the ‘Everywhere’ search feature to see the cheapest available American Airlines destinations.
- Avoid uncertainty by checking the ‘flexible tickets‘ option in case your plans get changed or canceled.
- Travel with peace of mind by reviewing American Airlines’ ‘COVID-19 safety rating’ as well as your flight’s on board safety measures.
How to discover where you can go – and get inspiration on where to travel next!
We understand that some of us are not ready to travel just yet. So, in the meantime, we will continue to keep you abreast of changes to the world of travel.
Discover where you can go now
Check out Skyscanner’s travel restrictions map for the latest travel restrictions to your next destinations.
Set up alerts for your next destination
Your bucket-list destination may not be open, but be ready when it does by signing up for our email alerts that notify you of any travel restriction changes.
Get inspired on where to go next
Our travel plans may be temporarily grounded, but our dream destination list keeps growing. We will continue to inspire you with amazing places you can visit next.
Plan safe and travel smart
There is already enough uncertainty out there, that’s why we are helping you book your next adventure with confidence. Our latest tools such as flexible tickets and airline safety ratings let you decide when and how to travel.
We can help
You can be sure about one thing–American Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are amazing, and when you are ready to travel again, we’ll help you make the most of them.
We can’t take away all the uncertainty, but you can plan your next adventure with confidence. Start your search below. 👇
If you are looking for cheap tickets to a specific destination, your best bet is to book on Black Friday when deals are announced, and there are plenty of travel choices. Suppose you are just looking to score a super cheap deal to any destinations. In that case, you might want to wait until Cyber Monday when airlines offer their bottom-line prices.
When booking your Black Friday and Cyber Monday flight deal with American, we recommend doing a ‘Whole month’ search which will scan the cheapest days to fly.
American Airlines usually offers bonus points for purchases from its retail partners during Black Friday. Among them are Barney’s New York, Macy’s, Coach, and Sephora.