Disclaimer: We know that travel is especially difficult right now. But alongside the latest COVID-19 travel advice and updates, we want to continue to inspire you with new travel content so that when the world opens its doors again, you’ll be ready.
Southwest Airlines Black Friday and Cyber Monday are now over for 2020. We hope that you managed to get a great flight deal, but if you didn’t – or you want to score another – you can sign up to receive the latest deal alerts from the US below.
Don’t miss a single flight deal
Stay one step ahead with travel deals, tips and news sent straight to your inbox.
You can also read on for tips on how to find great deals with added safety on Skyscanner using our flexible flight tickets filter and airline cleanliness ratings.
Southwest Airlines Booking Policies
Even before the pandemic, Southwest Airlines already did not charge fees to change or cancel flights. The airline has adjusted some other policies to be more flexible for travelers during COVID-19. Here are some of the new policies implemented by Southwest Airlines, according to its website:
- Nonrefundable tickets (Wanna Get Away fares) that are canceled in accordance with Southwest’s No Show policy can be applied to future travel.
- Since September 8, 2020, any travel funds created from a nonrefundable, Wanna Get Away ticket can be used for up to one year from the original purchase date.
- Refundable tickets (Anytime and Business Select fares) can be applied to future travel if not flown on the original travel date.
- Face coverings required.
Please note: Travel advice is changing all the time. Please always review current government for the latest COVID-19 information, prior to booking travel.
How to find deals with Southwest Airlines on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
When you use Skyscanner to search for flights, our search engine combs through tons of sites to find amazing deals, whether it’s direct through Southwest Airlines’ website or an online travel agency.
We’re going to share our inside tips so you can find great Southwest Airlines flight deals using the Skyscanner app and desktop site. Plus, we’ll dive into those new post-COVID features that we mentioned earlier. They’ll give you insight into airline safety and flexible booking terms to help you plan a safe getaway with confidence.
Southwest Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from the US haven’t been found yet, but you can still get great prices for flights from the US. Here’s a selection of the best deals we’ve found!
Disclaimer: The deals you see here are selected for being lower than average prices for flights based on your route and travel dates. Fares are subject to availability.
Finding flight deals on the Skyscanner app
The award-winning Skyscanner mobile app loads great Southwest Airlines flight deals in seconds. Now we provide even more information on airlines and flight itineraries in light of the pandemic to help travelers mitigate any financial or potential health risks. Look out for these new features:
- Flexible flight tickets: You can narrow your search to only include airfare that has expanded change and cancellation terms. In the Skyscanner app, just toggle on the ‘Flexible tickets’ filter at the top of search results. If you don’t see the toggle button, tap ‘Filter’ and scroll down to access the ‘Flexible tickets’ feature. Then tap ‘Apply’ to narrow your search results.
- Airline safety rating: Airlines now have additional safety measures for staff and passengers on board their planes, such as enhanced cleaning routines and changes to food service. There are five total criteria that our new airline safety rating is calculated on. To see the airline’s rating in the Skyscanner app, just tap any itinerary and scroll down to the ‘COVID-19 confidence‘ section.
Finding deals on the Skyscanner website
Travelers can use the Skyscanner.com desktop site to book with peace of mind by filtering your flight search for flexible tickets and by the airline safety rating score.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on Flights.
- Fill in the fields with details of your desired itinerary.
- You can select the ‘Flexible tickets’ checkbox before clicking ‘Search Flights’ or wait until the next screen.
- Skyscanner’s newest flight filters are on the left side. You’re able to toggle them on and off to see airlines that offer flexible tickets and itineraries that have specific COVID-19 safety ratings.
Tips for booking Southwest Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday flights
Score great deals on Southwest during Black Friday and Cyber Monday by trying the following tips:
- Set up a Price Alert: Leading up to Black Friday, set up a Price Alert on Skyscanner (online or in the app). When the flight you want drops in price on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, we’ll notify you to book!
- Flexibility is key: Be flexible and try searching from your home airport to ‘Everywhere‘. Skyscanner will show you the cheapest destinations.
- Check baggage fees: Always double-check baggage allowances before booking a flight and confirm that the deal is worth it once you consider the additional cost of checking a bag.
- Read the fine print: Check this page when deals are announced for restrictions on the sales Southwest is offering. (Stay-length requirements and blackout dates may apply.)
- Try one-way and round-trip: When you’re browsing for flights, try searching for both one-way and roundtrip flights. One may be cheaper!
How to discover where you can go – and get inspiration on where to travel next!
Even if you aren’t currently planning a trip, we want to inspire you to travel again in the future. Nowadays, it’s difficult and time-consuming to sort through the latest updates and requirements for every country you’d like to visit. Skyscanner developed new resources that help you easily see which countries are open right now for international tourism and what their restrictions and requirements are. Let’s dive into these new features!
Discover where you can go now
Use our new “Where’s Open?” map to check which countries have opened their borders, which are partially opened and which are closed. We also detail any restrictions or requirements you need to be aware of. Our dedicated team keeps this valuable resource updated on a daily basis.
Since travel advice and restrictions are changing frequently, just make sure you review government information and guidelines before you book and again before you travel. Keep an eye on updates from the airline carrier(s) you’ll be flying with, too.
Set up alerts for your dream destinations to know when you can travel there again
Create an email alert on our “Where’s Open?” map to know if a particular country has changed its border policy. This helps you passively keep tabs on your dream destinations so you don’t need to check the map daily. We’ll notify you as soon as restrictions change for any countries you select.
Check for Southwest Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to these popular destinations!
Southwest offers flights to more than 100 destinations across the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean. Here are some of the most popular destinations to fly with Southwest Airlines:
Great Southwest Domestic Destinations
Southwest traditionally has flight deals to/from these popular domestic destinations:
San Antonio, Texas
Great Southwest International Destinations
Southwest Airlines serves many international cities in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America. Look for Southwest Black Friday and Cyber Monday flight deals to these popular international destinations:
Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose, Costa Rica
Get inspired on where to go next
If you aren’t sure where your next trip will take you, check out these articles for destination inspiration:
- This travel quiz will tell you where you should visit in 2021
- The best small towns in America
- 11 warm places to visit in January
- The most beautiful camping places in the USA
- The best national parks in Utah for outdoor adventure
Plan safe and travel smart
In addition to flight tools, when you’re ready to book a hotel, Skyscanner has two new tools for accommodations that will help you book with confidence.
- The hotel cancellation policy filter allows you to narrow your search to only hotels that offer free cancellation.
- The new hotel cleanliness rating helps you choose the cleanest hotels as rated by other travelers’ firsthand experience. Scores are out of 5 possible points. The hotel cleanliness rating badge is prominently stamped right on each search result that scores a 4.5 or above.
Skyscanner is here to help you book travel with confidence, whether you’re taking advantage of a Cyber Week sale or reserving a hotel any other time of the year.
Southwest Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals FAQs
We are anticipating that they will! Check Skyscanner over the next few days for flight deals.
Southwest usually has promo codes, flash sales, and more flight deals during Cyber Week.
Black Friday deals are live by November 27, and Cyber Monday deals are live by November 30, 2020.