Below, we’ll outline both domestic and international destinations that will beckon you with unbeatable deals this winter. Then, we’ll call attention to some airline-specific winter flight promotions you won’t want to miss either.
Top Domestic Destinations to Visit in the Winter
US and Canada destinations that are popular in the winter fall into two basic categories. Some travelers want to avoid snow and cold all together, and head to the beaches of Florida, California or even Hawaii. Others lean fully into winter, hitting the ski slopes of Colorado, along Lake Tahoe or in the Canadian Rockies of Alberta or British Columbia.
- Fort Myers, Florida (RSW)
- San Diego, CA (SAN)
- Honolulu, HI (HNL)
- Denver, CO (DEN)
- Reno, NV (RNO)
- Calgary, AB (YYC)
- Vancouver, BC (YVR)
This Skyscanner article highlights some of the cheapest places to visit in the winter. Or, you can continue scrolling to see some of our custom-curated winter flight deals to domestic destinations, which are updated round-the-clock!
Top International Destinations to Visit in the Winter
Up for an adventure this winter? Head overseas and ride out the colder months on the beaches of Southeast Asia or the Middle East. Or, check out far away ski slopes, such as European paradises in France and Switzerland, or Japanese ski resorts like Hokkaido Island’s Niseko.
- Phuket, Thailand (HKT)
- Dubai, UAE (DXB)
- Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)
- Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
- Paris, France (CDG)
- Tokyo, Japan (TYO)
- Sapporo, Japan (CTS)
If none of these places strike your fancy, check out our international flight deals below for even more inspiration. They’re updated constantly, so come back often.
Airlines Offering Winter Flight Deals
Still seeking inspiration for your snowbird escape? Check out winter flight deals specific airlines are offering below.
- The “Fly South for the Winter” promotion from JetBlue offers unbeatable deals to warm weather destinations from Austin, TX to San Juan, Puerto Rico and everywhere in-between
- Delta’s monthly “Getaway Deals” often have a seasonal skew. December 2018’s deals, for example, offer flights from New York to Miami, Florida for as little as $99 one-way.
- Foreign airlines are less methodical in publishing deals, but are another option. Travelers headed to Europe can search for cheap flights on Lufthansa or SWISS, while Japan Airlines always guarantees an amazing flights to Japan (and beyond).
Winter Flight Deals: The Bottom Line
As you ponder where to go this winter and what to do, keep these winter flight deal tips in mind:
- Winter doesn’t have to be about escaping the snow. If you’re not in the mood for a beach vacation, head to the ski slopes instead.
- Domestic winter flight deals are plentiful, but you’ll also find great deals on international flights during winter months.
- Skyscanner tools can make your winter flight search easier. The “Best Time to Book” feature tells you when to book your flights to get the best deal, while “Cheapest Month” finds the cheapest dates for you to fly within a given month.
- Allow deals to guide your wanderlust—just because you’re not inspired doesn’t mean you can’t fly! Consult the deals throughout this article (and below) for ideas you might not have considered.