Looking for last-minute hotel deals? Set aside the hassle and search now for the lowest hotel prices to all your favorite destinations. Compare thousands of discount hotels from over 1,200 travel partners and grab a cheap hotel deal that suits your budget.
We’ll show you how to score last-minute hotel deals on Skyscanner and let you in on a few insider tips for snagging cheap last-minute hotel deals anytime and every time!
Make sure to check local government websites such as the CDC for the latest information before you make a booking or pack for your flight. You can also check out Skyscanner’s COVID-19 travel advice page. Here, you’ll find up-to-the-minute travel regulations and restrictions on a state-by-state basis. These include whether you need to quarantine or monitor your own health while traveling in certain places.
How to search for last-minute hotel deals on Skyscanner
While you’ll always find last-minute hotel deals on Skyscanner, we’ve got a few insider tips to help you do it better while saving big on amazing rooms. Your next getaway is closer and cheaper than you think.
Searching for last-minute hotel deals on the Skyscanner app
Download our award-winning Skyscanner mobile app, and you’ll never miss a hotel deal. Our app searches thousands of hotels in seconds, giving you amazing last-minute deals anywhere in the world. Here is how:
- Type in your desired destination or hotel name if you have one in mind.
- Once the deals have loaded, tap on the ‘sort and filter’ button. Here you can filter results for the lowest price per night, as well as hotel cleanliness, neighborhood, and guest ratings.
- To unlock deep discounts from various hotels, B&Bs, resorts, and hostels, scroll down to the ‘only show discounts’ option. The filtered results will show exclusive Skyscanner travel partner deals that you’ll want to act on fast!
- If you are up for taking a little risk in order to score major last-minute hotel deals, tick the ‘non-refundable’ option. Non-refundable bookings tend to be cheaper because they, on the other hand, are less risky for hotels than free cancellation bookings.
Searching for last-minute hotel deals on the Skyscanner website
Whether last-minute or far in advance, you’ll always score incredible hotel deals with these practical tips:
- If you already have a destination or hotel in mind, type it in. Otherwise, scroll down to our ‘Need Inspiration’ section where you will find enticing destinations and unexpected last-minute hotel deals.
- Once deals are loaded, refer to the lefthand side of the screen and tick the prices that fit your budget. You can go on to filter for cancellation policy, hotel chains, and amenities.
- For exclusive prices from our partners, tick the ‘only show discounts’ box. You’ll likely stumble upon exceptional deals for top hotels.
- Snag last-minute steals by ticking the ‘non-refundable’ option. These super low last-minute hotel deals are priced to go!
More tips for scoring last-minute hotel deals
- Don’t limit your flexibility: Last-minute hotel deals don’t have to mean packing your bags on the day of departure. Flexibility is not missing out on a super sweet, limited-time deal when you come across one, even if it means traveling at a later date.
- Compare and contrast: Searching for prices on different dates will give you different deals. Hotels often have high in-demand days especially during the holidays and weekends, so compare various dates to get the best possible price. Sounds like a lot to do at the last minute? Don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you. Take a peek at our best time to book hotels cheat sheet right here.
- Know when to go and when not to book: Much like last-minute flight deals, hotels are subject to the often unpredictable ebb and flow of demand. Let us help you learn why hotel prices change so you can avoid paying high prices on your next stay.
- Let the deals come to you: You should definitely check back with us frequently for cheap hotel deals, special sales, and exclusive discounts, or you can sign-up for our free newsletter and will send you travel deals, tips, and news straight to your inbox.
- Don’t be exclusive: Consider staying at an all-inclusive resort to save on food, drinks, and entertainment, which can often add up on longer stays, especially with family and friends. Take a look at these resorts in Florida, Tulum, Mexico, or the Dominican Republic, where you are very likely to save big in the off-season.
- Location really is everything: Familiarize yourself with your destination’s public transportation system. You can save big when visiting cities with comprehensive public transportation systems such as New York, Chicago, Paris, London, and Hong Kong by booking accommodations outside the city center.
- Loyalty pays off: If you favor a hotel chain, you can score major perks such as free nights, miles, early check-ins, as well as food and beverage discounts by signing up for the hotel’s rewards program. We’ve broken down a few to help you choose the best one for your travel needs. Read about it here.
Bonus tips for finding cheap last-minute flights
- Price Alerts: Our flight price tracker will keep an eye on flight prices for all your favorite destination and let you know as soon as the price drops – or if it starts to rise.
- Everywhere Search: To find a cheap flight deal sometimes requires flexibility, even with your destination. Skyscanner’s Everywhere Search allows you to find the cheapest routes to your favorite location. You can find the best flight deals flying to nearby airports or cities and guarantee big savings.
- Cheapest Month Search: Being flexible with dates is another way to grab some cheap flight deals. The cheapest month search finds the best time to fly during the year for the lowest prices. Just save up on your vacation days, and grab a cheap flight at the best dates!
- Multi-City Search: The multi-city search feature allows you to visit more than one city on the same trip. Pretty cool, right? This trick can also save you money by snatching the cheapest route to your final destination!
- Daily Flight Deals: Looking for the cheapest flights available today in real-time? Skyscanner gives you direct access to the best last-minute flight deals from your favorite cities every day.
Discover where you can go
Making plans to get back out there? Find out whose borders are open with our interactive global map, and sign up to receive email updates when your top destinations reopen.
Top last-minute destinations for when you’re ready to travel again
New York, New York
Los Angeles, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Absolutely! Hotels want and need to reach full capacity. Unsold rooms represent a financial loss, and that’s why it’s not uncommon to see a significant drop in room rates when a hotel hasn’t reached its projected quota.
Here at Skyscanner, we compiled and analyzed 2019 hotel booking data to estimate the best time to book a hotel stay domestically and internationally. Our data shows that the best day to book domestic stays is on Fridays. For international hotel stays, it’s Thursdays. When looking at months, we found that it’s September for the US, and for the rest of the world, it’s July.
The key to finding last-minute hotel deals is searching for and comparing as many hotels as possible to find the best available deal. But who has time to look at individual sites for last-minute hotel deals? Skyscanner’s award-winning app does the legwork for you by searching and comparing thousands of hotel deals in seconds. What’s more, we’ve special deals with some of the world’s leading hotels and are happy to share them with you!