When travel isn’t possible, you can still experience the best a country has to offer through its cuisine. Skyscanner has collaborated with chefs, restaurants, brands and passionate home cooks from around the world to bring you a series of recipes you can make from your very own kitchen.
Cheesie, Content Creator, Singapore
The inspiration for this recipe is from bento boxes sold in Japan. While we can’t travel to Japan right now, it’s easy to replicate a super quick, protein-packed lunch at home.
- Yakiniku (meat) cuts or thinly sliced meat of your choice
- 1 tbsp sake (optional)
- 1 tbsp Japanese Shoyu or any soya sauce
- 1 bowl of cooked rice
- Garlic chips
- Yakiniku sauce
- Spring onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Marinate meat with 1 tablespoon of sake and shoyu overnight.
- Lay the meat flat in a pan before turning on the heat.
- Grill the meat on high heat until it browns slightly. Flip and continue to grill till meat is cooked.
- Place the meat on rice, and add whatever seasoning you prefer. Add mayo. Spring onion. Black pepper. Chilli flakes. The choice is yours!
Want more from Cheesie? Check out #cheesiemade on Instagram for more of her recipes and some meals cooked by her followers!