What is the Cheapest Day to book flights?
Skyscanner pulled data on the best time to book flights and found Tuesdays to be the cheapest day for all destinations. Flights were on average $603 round-trip, compared to flights in the high $600’s on the other days. If you’re flying internationally, chances are flights will be cheaper on Wednesdays.
How to find the cheapest time to fly with the Skyscanner App:
- Download the Skyscanner app.
- Tap the ‘Explore’ tab in the bottom-middle.
- Use ‘Everywhere’ Search
- Explore Weekend Getaway Options
- Find the Best Deals by Month
Whenever vacation-inspiration strikes while you’re on the go, you can quickly search for the cheapest flights right from your mobile device.
The Skyscanner app is available in both the iTunes Store for iOS devices and also in the Google Play Store for Android.
2. Tap the ‘Explore’ tab in the bottom middle of the Skyscanner App
Navigate to the Explore section of the app by clicking on the middle icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Use ‘Everywhere‘ Search
If you need inspiration – or if you want to find the cheapest flights from your home airport – the ‘Everywhere‘ search is your best bet.
If you’re entirely flexible on destination and travel dates, you can use the ‘Explore Everywhere’ search feature on the app. Under ‘Date of Travel’ select ‘Anytime‘ in the top left corner of the calendar or tap ‘Select whole month‘ on the right.
If you have travel dates in mind, you can still search for specific dates with destination ‘Everywhere’.
Here are some top deals to ‘Anywhere’ on Syscanner:
- Atlanta, GA from $34 round-trip
- New Orleans, LA from $34 round-trip
- Orlando, FL from $37 round-trip
- Las Vegas, NV from $38 round-trip
- Calgary from $112
- Toronto from $170
- Vancouver from $204
- Oaska, Japan from $169
- Bimini, Bahamas from $227
- Reykjavik, Iceland from $197
*Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change and/or availability.
4. Explore Weekend Getaway Options
Once you’ve navigated to the ‘Explore’ section of the app, scroll down to the heading ‘Weekend Getaways’ where you’ll see a list of dates for upcoming weekends. Click on the weekend of your choice, enter your origin city, and search ‘Everywhere‘ to see the cheapest destinations for that weekend.
5. Find the Best Deals by Month
After tapping ‘Explore’ in the bottom middle from the start screen of the Skyscanner App, scroll all the way down to ‘Best Deals by Month’. Here you can scroll over to your desired month to search for the cheapest destinations to visit at that time of the year.
6. Use Skyscanner’s Price Alert
If you can’t be flexible with your travel dates, the best way to nab the cheapest flight to your destination is by setting a Price Alert on your Skyscanner App so you can get notified when prices drop to your destination.
From the ‘Flights’ section of the app, click the bell on the upper right corner to create a price alert.
More articles to inspire you:
- How to book last minute flights
- How to use multi-city search
- How to get free hotel upgrades
- Choose your next adventure with Skyscanner’s Everywhere search
- Find the perfect flight with Skyscanner’s mobile flights app
- World’s best comedy festivals
Find your perfect flight, hotel and car rental with Skyscanner’s apps!