Here's how to find the cheapest time to fly. Use Skyscanner's whole month view to fetch cheap flights when your dates are flexible.
How to find the cheapest time to fly with the Skyscanner App:
- Be flexible
- Download the Skyscanner app.
- Tap the ‘explore’ tab in the bottom middle and scroll down to ‘Best Deals by Month’.
- Select any month – make sure to input the correct origin.
- Toggle with different months by clicking ‘Date of Travel’.
- Select the city of interest and see what then best dates to travel are!
How to find the cheapest time of the year to travel
If you can be flexible when you fly, Skyscanner can help you get the cheapest flights by using our ‘whole month’ and ‘cheapest month’ search tools. With these tools, it’s easy to save.
How to fetch cheap flights within the Skyscanner app
*Select a month under ‘Best Deals by Month’.
You can get here by tapping ‘explore’ in the bottom middle from the start screen of the Skyscanner App.
Find the cheapest destination. Select your origin, if you have a preference – select the month you’re interested in traveling in. Then you’ll be taken to the cheapest destinations for that month!
Find the cheapest dates for that destination. Once you select a destination, you’ll be taken to another screen where it will tell you the cheapest dates to go!
Or Try the Whole Month Search below via Skyscanner.com!
How to fetch the cheapest month to fly on desktop:
- Be flexible.
- Visit Skyscanner.com and enter your departure and destination.
- Click the ‘Whole Month’ option to search flights by month or year.
- Click the flight price that is best for you. Flight prices are organized by red, yellow, and green colors. Green is the cheapest and red is the most expensive.
- Book your flight and enjoy!
Here’s how it works
How to view cheapest flight by month
1. Select your departure and destination city or airport. In this instance, we’re flying from New York’s JFK Airport to Los Angeles’ LAX Airport. Click on departure date or return date and you are given the choice between ‘Specific date’ or ‘Whole month’.
2. After selecting ‘Whole month’ choose your preferred month for travel, and then click on the green “Search flights” button to find flights.
3. You’ll be taken to a ‘Calendar’ view that shows you prices by day, with prices in green being the cheapest flights and prices in red, the most expensive flights.
4. You can also switch to a ‘Chart’ view which shows you prices by day, with a bar graph illustrating cheapest to most expensive.
How to view cheapest flights over the entire year
1. Just like the above, select your departure and destination city or airport. You can even search ‘Everywhere’ to see all of your options from a given airport, city or country. But we’ll just fly from New York’s JFK Airport. Click on departure date or return date and click ‘Cheapest Month’, then click on the green “Search flights” button to find flights.
2. You’ll be taken to the two cheapest months for you to fly, which shows prices distinguished by green, yellow, red.
3. Or you can use the highlighted drop down menu to see flight prices for other months.
More articles to inspire you:
Find your perfect flight, hotel and car rental with Skyscanner’s apps!