Cheap Flights to Mexico
Flights to Mexico
Cheap Flights to Mexico
South of the United States border, Mexico stands as a country full of culture. The attractions in Mexico are as diverse as the country’s heritage, ranging from fast-paced nightclubs in Cancun to the adult party scene in Tijuana to the famous Mayan Ruins and everything that comes along with jungle exploration!
Best Time To Book Flights To Mexico
Traveling to Mexico can be both fun and inexpensive! With the help of Skyscanner's expert data sources, you can also find the best time to book cheap flights to all your favorite destinations. Skyscanner has collected and analyzed 2 years-worth of historical flight price data to predict what are the best times to book your flights and the cheapest months to travel. Guarantee the best flight savings with some of our tips below.
- Mexico City: Book your flights at least 8 weeks in advance for flights that are 26% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in February, when flights can get up to 29% cheaper.
- Cancun: Book your flights at least 14 weeks in advance for flights that are 12% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in October, when flights can get up to 35% cheaper.
- Guadalajara: Book your flights at least 10 weeks in advance for flights that are 21% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in September, when flights can get up to 19% cheaper.
- Cabo San Lucas: Book your flights at least 15 weeks in advance for flights that are 21% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in August when flights can get up to 45% cheaper.
- Puerto Vallarta: Book your flights at least 10 weeks in advance for flights that are 28% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in September, when flights can get up to 19% cheaper.
- Tijuana: Book your flights at least 7 weeks in advance for flights that are 72% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in December, when flights can get up to 57% cheaper.
Airlines That Fly To Mexico
Flights to Mexico from the U.S. are abundant and frequent. There are top US Airlines and International Carriers that service flights, such as:
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Viva Aerobus
- Copa Airlines
Major Airports in Mexico
Mexico is a major transnational zone, which is why the country has over 50 national and international airports. There are several main airports travelers should be aware of when booking Mexico flights. Benito Juarez services Mexico City, the nation’s capital. An airport particularly popular with beach-goers is, of course, Cancun. Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla is the destination for tourists who book trips to Guadalajara, a cultural hub known as the “Pearl of the West.” General Mariano Escobedo airport offers flights to Monterrey, a Beta World City brimming with innovation and a fast-paced lifestyle. Each of these airports and cities offer unique placement to Mexico’s various tourist destinations and hot spots.
The bustling Benito Juarez airport saw nearly 35 million domestic and international passengers enter through its gates in 2017. The Mexican tourist industry shows no signs of slowing, so use Skyscanner to book a flight to Mexico.
Things to do in Mexico
Blue water beaches, ancient ruins, and exotic mountain ranges are nestled inside this North American favorite. Mexico City, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Playa del Carmen, Cabo San Lucas, and Guadalaraja should be familiar names, but do not forget to check out the dolphin swimming in San Jose del Cabo or the old world architecture in San Cristobal de las Casas!
If you are a fan of eating (and honestly, who isn’t?), you are in luck! Amazing local cuisine in Mexico can be found for reasonable prices. Expect to pay no more than $15 per day when shopping at local markets and vendors. Meals at nice sit-down restaurants are not much more.
Travel Tips for U.S. Tourists Visiting Mexico
Buses are the primary form of travel in the country, and the rates are reasonable. A 5-hour trip will run approximately $30. Standard Taxicab fares apply in the city. Tourists can save a lot of money by traveling to Mexico in the off-season (May-December), in addition to visiting the country’s less frequented interior.
Before you are able to trek the amazing Chapultec Park or visit the famous Chichen Itza, book a cost-friendly Mexico flight with Skyscanner and use our hotel search tool to find a place to stay. With the Skyscanner, you are sure to find always the cheapest plane tickets and best travel deals, free of charge!
Travel News and Inspiration for Mexico
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.