Guayaquil, Ecuador Hotels
Guayaquil is a port city in Ecuador and serves as the gateway to the Pacific Ocean beaches and the Galapagos Islands. With some tall buildings giving the town a big-city feeling, it's the riverfront town square that tourists flock to. Las Penas is the downtown area that houses a rising theater, film, and arts scene, joined by vibrant bars and some nearby large universities.
Where Can I Find Cheap Hotels in Guayaquil?
You can spend under $100 a night and find a nice, three-star, cheap hotel in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Check out the Skyscanner site to help you choose a hotel that's within your budget. Some choices for a safe, cheap hotel in Guayaquil that place you within a mile of the center of town include:
- Hotel Rizzo is within walking distance to most attractions, such as the Malecon boardwalk, and restaurants. Rooms come with a continental breakfast and average about $36 per night.
- Hotel Las Penas gives you a complementary breakfast that is served at a café next door. Walk to the Malecon boardwalk along the water, shops, restaurants, and parks. Rooms are large and the staff is friendly. Expect to pay from $45 to $70 per night.
- Hotel Cityplaza is a great alternative to staying at an expensive luxury hotel, with nightly prices averaging about $60. This Guayaquil hotel is located in the downtown area, with easy access to everything. The service here is first rate and the rooms are kept very clean. There is an on-site restaurant/bar, free breakfast, and room service is available.
- Hotel Presidente Internacional serves an excellent breakfast and has very comfortable beds, ensuring a good night's sleep for under $60 a night. There is free parking and free Wi-Fi in the lobby. Walk a few blocks and you will be at the boardwalk.
Can I Find a Luxury Hotel in Guayaquil, Ecuador?
If you wish to stay in the center of Guayaquil but are used to having a bit more luxury at a hotel, consider these more upscale accommodations:
- Wyndham Guayaquil is located away from the busy sounds of the Malecon yet is just a short walk away. This hotel provides excellent service, has a rooftop pool, and provides guests with a free shuttle to the airport. The river views are fabulous. Expect to pay about $150 per room per night.
- Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil has an on-site Swiss fondue restaurant in addition to two other eateries, including Le Gourmet serving French cuisine. Listen to live music at The Captain's Bar and be situated in downtown Guayaquil for a little over $100 per night with a pool and a breakfast buffet to enjoy.
- Hilton Colon Guayaquil Hotel is located close to the airport and shopping areas. Relax in the pool, which has a swim-up bar and poolside menu service. This Guayaquil hotel is perfect for those who are traveling on to the Galapagos Islands and need to spend a night or two in Guayaquil before leaving Ecuador. A stay at this Guayaquil hotel can run from $125 to $180 per night.