Earn Delta SkyMiles While Booking Through Skyscanner
Delta Airlines was founded in 1924 and is now one of the largest and most well-known global airlines in the world. With more than 160 million travelers each year, the carrier operates from its base at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. Delta also has hubs in Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St.Paul, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Seattle.
Delta offers service to more than 325 destinations in over 60 countries on six continents. The airline ranks 6th among global airlines for on-time arrival performance. Of its more than 150,000 flights each month, 82% arrived on time or within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time.
The airline is a founding member of SkyTeam airline alliance that includes Air France, KLM, and AeroMexico. It is also one of just three remaining legacy carriers and the sixth-oldest airline still in operation in the United States.
Delta Airlines Sale
Delta Airlines often runs great sales around the U.S., Europe and Asia that are published weekly. Visit our updated Delta Airlines Tickets Sale page to find details on the latest Delta Airlines sales.
- Boston, Massachusetts - Fly to Boston on one of 280 flights each month with a flight time of 2 hours and 29 minutes. Tickets start around $67.
- Austin, Texas - Arrive in Austin in 2 hours and 31 minutes on any of the 188 flights per month. Fly for as low as $80.
- Chicago, Illinois - Choose from 412 monthly flights to Chicago for just $60. Arrive in 1 hour and 56 minutes.
- Columbus, Ohio - Book one of 208 flights every month to Columbus for as little as $89. The flight time is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Denver, Colorado - For as low as $118, fly to Denver and arrive in 3 hours and 26 minutes. The airline offers 168 flights each month on the route.
- Los Angeles, California - Fly from Atlanta to Los Angeles for around $147 on any of the 288 flights per month. Arrive in 5 hours.
- Nashville, Tennessee - The carrier flies to Nashville 272 times each month with a flight time of 1 hour and 5 minutes. Find tickets for just $184.
- Orlando, Florida - For just $64, arrive in Orlando on any of the 460 monthly flights and arrive in 1 hour and 29 minutes.
- Las Vegas, Nevada - Choose from 208 flights each month to Las Vegas with a flight time of 4 hours and 34 minutes. Find tickets for as little as $119.
- Seattle, Washington - For as low as $149, arrive in Seattle in 5 hours and 28 minutes on one of 144 nonstop flights every month.
- Madrid, Spain - Delta offers 16 nonstop flights each month to Madrid for around $802. Arrive in 8 hours and 26 minutes.
- Paris, France - Choose from 56 flights per month to Paris with a flight time of 8 hours and 34 minutes. Find roundtrip tickets for as little as $1,241.
- London, England - For around $706, fly to London on one of 88 flights every month. The flight time is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
- Tokyo, Japan - Fly to Tokyo any day of the month for as low as $1,287. Arrive in 14 hours and 29 minutes.
- Johannesburg, South Africa - The airline flies to Johannesburg 36 times per month with a flight time of 4 hours and 46 minutes.
- Brussels, Belgium - Arrive in Belgium in 8 hours and 45 minutes on one of 16 monthly flights. Fly for as little as $1,528.
- Seoul, South Korea - With 28 flights to choose from each month, fly to Seoul and arrive in 15 hours and 21 minutes. Tickets start around $1,522.
- Lima, Peru Book a flight to Lima for as little as $700. Arrive in 6 hours and 45 minutes on one of 30 direct flights each month.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Fly roundtrip to Rio for about $1,994. Delta offers daily flights with a flight time of 9 hours and 30 minutes.
- Los Cabos, Mexico - For as low as $495, fly to Los Cabos and arrive in 4 hours and 35 minutes. The airline operates 36 flights per month on the route.
- Boston Logan International Airport; Boston, Massachusetts - Delta is located in Terminal A.
- Los Angeles International Airport; Los Angeles, California - Delta is located in Terminals 2 and 3.
- JFK International Airport; New York, New York - Delta is located in Terminals 2 and 4.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport; Paris, France - Delta is located in Terminal 2E.
- Heathrow International Airport; London, England - Delta is located in Terminal 3.
- Tokyo-Narita International Airport; Tokyo, Japan - Delta is located in Terminal 1.
- Amsterdam-Schiphol International Airport; Amsterdam, Netherlands - Delta is located in Piers D and E.
- Seoul-Incheon International Airport; Seoul, South Korea - Delta is located in Terminal 2.
- Mexico City International Airport; Mexico City, Mexico - Delta is located in Terminals 2 and 4.
- Fiumicino Rome International Airport; Rome, Italy - Delta is located in the main terminal.
Delta operates a fleet of 857 total aircraft, including Boeing, Airbus, and McDonnell Douglas models. The carrier's Boeing models include: B717-200, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900ER, B747-400, B757-200, B757-300, B767-300, B767-300ER, B767-400ER, B777-200ER, and B777-200LR. Its Airbus models include: A319-100, A320-200, A321-200, A330-200, A330-300, and A350-900. The airline also has McDonnell Douglas models MD-88 and MD-90.
When you're ready to book a flight with Delta, find the best deals at Skyscanner. Book for free online or on the convenient mobile app, or sign up for price alerts to ensure you get the lowest price every time.
Loyalty Programs (SkyMiles), Discounts and Miles promotions
SkyMiles is Delta's frequent flyer rewards program that allows members to earn miles for flying and other everyday activities. Members can then redeem the miles for free flights, upgrades, and exclusive privileges. Membership in the program is completely free, and the miles that are earned never expire. Participants earn 5 miles for every $1 spent on Delta-marketed or -ticketed flight and even more when they reach Medallion Status.
Medallion Members are the airline's most loyal customers and receive a wide variety of special benefits. Medallion Members can earn even more privileges as they move up to higher tiers within the program. Silver tiered members will receive unlimited complimentary First Class and Comfort+ upgrades and seat access, as well as complimentary preferred seats, priority check-in and boarding, and waived baggage fees. Gold tier members will also receive priority security line access, expedited baggage service, and additional waived fees. Platinum and Diamond tier members can enjoy the highest level of service the airline offers, as well as exclusive privileges at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
How to Check In, Seating Assignment, Leg Room and Other Fees
Delta Airlines offers four ways for guests to check-in for their flights: online, through the mobile app, at the airport kiosk, or at the airport curbside. Online check-in opens 24 hours before the flight departure and offers all of the options of traditional airport check-in. Passengers can view or change seat assignments, upgrade status, or pay for excess baggage. They can then print out the required boarding pass to bring with them at the airport or have it sent to their mobile device.
Delta passengers can also sign up for automatic check-in with the Fly Delta app. On flights to the U.S., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, passengers will be automatically checked-in 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight. Some restrictions apply, so you'll want to check with Delta if you have a special service request.
The airline also gives passengers the option of checking in at the airport via a kiosk or at the curbside. Curbside check-in is the most convenient way to check in for a flight and check baggage. Simply pull up to the curb, present your photo ID and required documentation, then hand your bags to the Skycap. Passengers who would like to check themselves in at the kiosks can do so any time within 24 hours of the flight.
Guests traveling on a Basic Economy fare will be assigned a seat at check-in, but all other passengers can opt to select or change the seat if preferred. Depending on the aircraft and location of the seat, Economy Class passengers can enjoy a seat pitch of 30-35 inches. Business Class passengers can relax in reclining seats with a 36-38 inch seat pitch or on flatbeds with up to 81 inches of legroom.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Delta allows all passengers to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item onboard all flights. Carry-on bags may not exceed 22"x14"x9" or 45 linear inches including handles and wheels. There are no weight restrictions for carry-on luggage except in certain Asian locations. Personal items can include a purse, briefcase, camera bag, laptop, or diaper bag.
On domestic flights, passengers can check baggage for a fee. The first bag under 50lbs. is subject to a fee of $25 per way, and the second bag under 50lbs. will cost $35 per way. First Class and Delta Premium Class passengers can bring two bags up to 70lbs. each for free. Baggage allowances and fees vary by destination for international flights, so you'll want to check your specific flight itinerary.
Baggage that exceeds the allowed size or amount will be subject to an excess baggage fee. For domestic flights, a third bag will cost $150 per way, and all additional bags up to 10 will be $200 each per way. On international routes, additional bags could cost up to $285 each per way. Overweight and oversized bags will be charged a fee of $100-$300 each per way based on size and destination.
Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
Delta passengers traveling on a Basic Economy fare or in the Main Cabin will enjoy complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages on all flights. Choose from Starbucks coffee, tea, juice, sodas or water. The airline also offers complimentary access to in-flight messaging and hours of entertainment via Delta Studio. Wi-Fi is also available for purchase on select flights. Comfort+ passengers can even stream entertainment on a personal device.
First Class and Premium Select passengers will be served premium meals on Alessi flatware, with their choice of complimentary wine, beer, and spirits. They can also enjoy larger entertainment screens and accessible outlets to stay connected via Wi-Fi.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
Delta allows infants younger than two years old to sit on an adult's lap for free on flights within the U.S. Additional infants and children over the age of two will be required to purchase a seat at full price. On international flights, there may be a fee for lap infants based on destination.
The airline also allows children ages 5-14 to fly alone using the mandatory Unaccompanied Minor Program. For a fee of $150 each way, an employee of Delta Air Lines will escort your child from the time of departure until drop-off with an approved guardian at the final destination. Children ages 5-7 may only travel unaccompanied on nonstop flights, while those ages 8-14 may travel on either nonstop or connecting flights. The service is also optional for children ages 15-17.
The carrier allows passengers to transport their household pets either in the cabin or as cargo on most flights for a fee. Dogs, cats, and household birds can travel in the cabin for a fee of $125 per way to destinations within the United States and up to $200 on international flights. All pets traveling as carry-on baggage must be at least ten weeks old for domestic travel and 15 weeks old for international travel. Pets must be in an approved kennel that fits under the seat in front of you, and the animal must be able to move around comfortably in the container.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.