Emirates Airline: Cheap Flights, Airlines Tickets and Deals
With the assistance of Dubai’s royal family, Emirates took off in 1985. Since then it has expanded to be one of the world’s largest airlines, with more than 3600 flights per week leaving its hub in the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
In order to remain flexible with respect to changing market conditions, Emirates does not participate in any of the alliances of airlines. Nevertheless, it codeshares flights with many partners, including Air India, Alaska Airlines, COPA Airlines, Japan Airlines, JetBlue, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, South African Airways and TAP Portugal.
Emirates US Destinations
- Boston, MA: Logan International Airport
- Chicago, IL: O’Hare International Airport
- Dallas, TX: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Houston, TX: George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Los Angeles, CA: Los Angeles International Airport
- Newark, NJ: Newark International Airport
- New York City, NY: John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Orlando, FL: Orlando International Airport
- San Francisco, CA: San Francisco International Airport
- Seattle, WA: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Washington, D.C.: Washington-Dulles International Airport
Emirates Domestic (United Arab Emirates) Destinations
Emirates International Destinations
- Emirates flies to about 140 different destinations in 75 different countries.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB). Situated about 3 miles east of downtown Dubai of the United Arab Emirates, at 62 feet above sea level, this airport is the busiest in the world with respect to international passengers, third busiest with respect to all passengers, and sixth busiest with respect to cargo. The airport has three terminals. Terminals 1 and 3 are connected and are home to Concourses A, B, and C (all in Terminal 3) and Concourse D (located in Terminal 1). Terminal 2 is situated in a separate structure but can be reached via a shuttle service which can take twenty to thirty minutes or more (please allow time). There is also an “Automated People Mover” for getting around Terminals 1 and 3. Emirates uses Terminal 3.
- Airbus A380-800: 101 in service, each seats between 489 and 519 passengers
- Boeing 777-200LR: 10 in service, each seats 266 passengers
- Boeing 777-300: 3 in service, each seats 364 passengers
- Boeing 777-300ER: 132 in service, each seats 354 to 428 passengers
- Additional aircraft on order
Emirates Airlines: Loyalty Programs (Skywards), Discounts and Miles Promotions
Emirates Skywards is the name of the Emirates frequent flyer program.
Earn miles on Emirates flights and the flights of partners, and by using specific banks, car rentals and hotels.
Spend miles on award tickets and upgrades. Also benefit from the four tiers:
- Blue: bonus miles for joining, can use lounges at reduced rates, waitlist priorities
- Silver: needs 25000 miles or 25 qualifying flights. All the benefits of Blue, access to Business class lounges in Dubai, priority boarding and check-in
- Gold: 50,000 miles or 50 qualifying flights. All the benefits of Silver, plus access to all Emirates lounges, access for a guest, and priority baggage delivery.
- Platinum: 150,000 miles. All the benefits of Gold, plus access to First class Emirates lounges, First class check-in and boarding and baggage delivery.
Emirates Airlines: How to Check In, Seating Assignment, Leg Room and Other Fees
- Check-in online, print your boarding pass, starting 48 hours before your flight (may be different in some markets)
- Check-in using the mobile app
- Check-in can be done at an airport counter
- If in Dubai, recommend arriving at airport 90 minutes before departure, passing through security 60 minutes before departure, and going to the gate 45 minutes before departure, when boarding begins
- Flights close 20 minutes before departure
- Allow more time during peak travel periods
Emirates seat selection
- First class: on Boeing aircraft, seat pitch of 69 inches; on Airbus, seat pitch of 80 inches
- Business class: on Boeing aircraft, seat pitch of 48 inches; on Airbus, seat pitch of 60 inches
- Economy class: seat pitch of 32-34 inches
- Economy class passengers can choose regular or Extra Value seats in advance for a fee
- Economy class passengers can also reserve a seat when they check in
- All seats on all aircraft are equipped with power outlets
Emirates Airlines: Baggage Allowance and Fees
Emirates carry-on bags
- Economy class passengers may each bring one bag with dimensions no greater than 22 x 15 x 8 inches and with weight no greater than 15 pounds
- First and Business class passengers may each bring two bags, each with weight no greater than 15 pounds. The dimensions of one may be no greater than 18 x 14 x 8 inches; the dimensions of the other may be no greater than 22 x 15 x 8 inches.
- Passengers boarding in India may bring only one piece, with total dimensions no greater than 45 inches; passengers boarding in Brazil may bring 22 pounds of carry-on baggage each.
- Passengers with infants without a seat may bring a collapsible seat/stroller if there is room. If there is no room, the item will be checked without being counted towards the passenger’s complimentary baggage allowance.
Emirates checked bags
- Passengers traveling with an infant are permitted one extra checked bag weighing up to 50 pounds
- Emirates checked bag policies depend on your route. If you are flying to/from the United States, Canada or South America, your complimentary allowance is limited by the number of pieces you may carry. No piece may have dimensions greater than 59 inches (L + W + H): Economy: 2 bags, maximum 50 pounds each. First and Business class: 2 bags, maximum 70 pounds each.
- Flying to/from Africa: baggage depends very much on local standards
- Most other flights: your complimentary luggage allowance is determined by weight and not the number of pieces. Economy Special: 44 pounds; Economy Saver and Economy Flex: 66 pounds; Economy Flex Plus: 77 pounds; Business Class: 88 pounds; First Class: 110 pounds
- More weight or peculiar sizes or sporting equipment can often be arranged but will incur charges
In all cases
- Personal motorized vehicles, such as Segways and hoverboards, are prohibited in both the cabin and the hold, for safety reasons
- If your journey involves additional or other airlines, please review their baggage policies as well
Extra baggage services in the Dubai airport
- Porters can help you with your luggage, either when you check in before your departure or when you retrieve your luggage upon arrival
- Baggage wrapping is available, to prevent people from taking stuff from within and to keep your bags free of dents and scratches
- Leave your luggage for a while. In the Arrivals area of Terminal 3, for a charge you can leave your bags for several hours and explore and enjoy yourself while carrying only the things you want to carry.
- Delivery service available. Going somewhere in the United Arab Emirates? Let Emirates bring your bags to your door.
Emirates Airlines: Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
Emirates Inflight entertainment
Emirates offers ICE (information, communication, and entertainment) to make the hours of your flight fly by:
- Information: news and sports programs, cameras showing your flight, information on Dubai, and Open Skies, an Emirates inflight magazine
- Communication: WiFi in the sky, in-seat phone (also allows texting), or use your own cell phone if you prefer
- Entertainment: More than 3000 channels available on demand, with movies, TV shows, music and games, in many different languages
- First Class passengers can order what they like from a wide selection of dishes – and they can order the food when they like as well
- Business Class & Economy Class passengers have the option of a meal based on the cuisine of their destination
- Children’s meals are available – a selection
- Baby meals are available, as are bottles, formula, and the ability to warm up items that you may have brought with you on board
- If you or your child have special needs with respect to food, contact Emirates at least 24 hours in advance
Emirates Airlines: Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
Infants and children
- Passengers less than 7 days old are not permitted to fly with Emirates, unless in an incubator for a medical emergency
- Passengers who have not reached their second birthday may fly on the lap of an adult passenger and will be charged a percentage of the adult fare
- Passengers between 6 and 36 months may travel in a car seat, as long as a seat on the plane is purchased for them
- Passengers aged 2 through 11 years must have their own seats. If a passenger turns 2 at some point during the journey, from that point on the passenger must have his own seat
- Passengers aged 6 months through 11 years with their own seats will be charged the fares for children (discounted rates) with certain exceptions
Unaccompanied Minor service
- Unaccompanied minors are charged the full adult fare
- Passengers less than 8 but traveling in a different class cabin than their parents or guardians are charged the full adult fare for that class
- Passengers under 5 must be accompanied by an adult passenger
- Passengers between 5 and 11, if not accompanied by an adult passenger, are eligible for the Emirates’ Unaccompanied minor service. Please contact your local Emirates office to arrange.
- Full fare starts when a passenger reaches his/her 12th birthday, but passengers between 12 and 15 are considered Young Passengers and are eligible for service
Please consider all the documentation required for young travelers, for both departure point and destination
Emirates Airlines: Pet Policy
Animals in the cabin
- Emirates does not allow pets to fly in the cabin
- Emirates does permit service animals to fly in the cabin with passengers in need; must have documentation
Pets in checked luggage
- A vet must certify that the animal is healthy
- If the weather is particularly cold, must have proof that the animal can handle it – “acclimation certificate”
- Must be in an approved crate for transport
In all cases
- Animals must be healthy
- Paperwork varies by destination and route
- Reserve in advance
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.