Aer Lingus Flights: Aer Lingus Airline Deals & Tickets
Aer Lingus is the flag carrier of Ireland and the second largest airline in the country. The airline was founded in 1936 by the Irish government but has since been privatized with headquarters at Dublin Airport. The carrier also has operating bases in Belfast-City, Cork, and Shannon in Ireland.
Aer Lingus flights to over 120 destinations within Ireland, as well as throughout Europe and the United States. The carrier also has an impressive track record as the most punctual major airline departing from Dublin Airport.
Ready to book a flight with Aer Lingus? Find the best deals in one convenient place at Skyscanner. Download the mobile app to search flights anytime, or sign up for price alerts to get the lowest prices sent right to your inbox.
Aer Lingus Sale
Visit our updated Aer Lingus Sale page to find details on the latest deals.
Aer Lingus's Saver ticket class is a great budget option for getting from North America to Europe. This fare class includes one piece of 22-pound cabin baggage, in-flight entertainment and an on-board meal. It's a real bargain, especially given the low round-trip fares!
Aer Lingus offers short-haul flights to popular destinations around Ireland. Book a flight to cities like:
- Donegal - Arrive in Donegal in 1 hour and 5 minutes on any of the 56 flights per month from Dublin. The flight costs just $85.
- Kerry - For as little as $110, fly from Dublin to Kerry and get there in just 1 hour and 5 minutes. Aer Lingus offers 56 nonstop flights every month to the city.
- Dublin - Fly from Kerry to Dublin in just 1 hour for around $103. The airline operates 56 flights each month on the route.
The airline operates an incredible number of international flights to cities both near and far. Fly from Dubin International Airport to places like:
- Venice, Italy - Fly to Venice on any of the 24 flights every month. Arrive in 2 hours and 50 minutes for about $134.
- Berlin, Germany - For $131, arrive in Berlin in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Choose from 20 flights per month.
- Paris, France - The airline offers 104 monthly flights to Paris that take 1 hour and 40 minutes. Fly for as little as $119.
- London, England - For as little as $68, fly to London and arrive in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Choose from over 750 flights per month on the route.
- Geneva, Switzerland - With 70 flights per month to Geneva, fly for as low as $123. Arrive in 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- New York, New York - With a flight time of 7 hours and 50 minutes, fly from Dublin to NYC on one of 80 monthly flights for around $705.
- Madrid, Spain - Fly nonstop to Madrid with a flight time of 2 hours and 40 minutes. For just $127, choose from 70 monthly flights.
- Los Angeles, California - Aer Lingus flies to Los Angeles 16 times each month with a flight time of 11 hours. Fly for just $997.
- Lisbon, Portugal - Arrive in Lisbon in 2 hours and 55 minutes for as low as $123 round-trip. Choose from 16 flights per month.
- Toronto, Canada - The carrier offers 16 flights per month to Toronto for around $754. Arrive in 7 hours and 35 minutes.
Aer Lingus offers flights to a long list of major airports located all around the world. Find the carrier in airports including:
- Charles de Gaulle Airport; Paris, France - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 1.
- Gatwick Airport; London, England - Aer Lingus is located in the South Terminal.
- Logan International Airport; Boston, Massachusetts - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal C.
- Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport; Rome, Italy - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 3.
- Munich Airport; Munich, Germany - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 1, Area B.
- Vienna International Airport; Vienna, Austria - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 2.
- Václav Havel Airport Prague; Prague, Czech Republic - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 1.
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport; Barcelona, Spain - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 2.
- Washington Dulles International Airport; Washington, D.C. - Aer Lingus is located in Terminal 2.
- Zürich Airport; Zurich, Switzerland - Aer Lingus is located in Area A.
Aer Lingus operates a fleet of Airbus, Boeing, and ATR aircraft models. The most common aircraft in the fleet is the Airbus A320, and the largest aircraft in the short-haul fleet is the Airbus A321. The Airbus A330-300 is the largest aircraft in the Aer Lingus fleet, while the A330-200 has the longest range capability. The Boeing 757 is operated by the airline's aviation partners ASL, and the ATR is operated in conjunction with Stobart Air.
Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
Aer Lingus offers a rewards program for frequent flyers and loyal customers called AerClub. Customers can join the program for free on the carrier's website and begin enjoying the benefits immediately. Members can earn Avios points for every flight on Aer Lingus or service purchased through the program's participating partners. Earn points for retail purchases or travel and leisure services. Members of the program can redeem their points for flights on either Aer Lingus or its partner airlines.
The airline also offers a tier program for its most loyal customers. At sign-up, all customers will receive a Green tier membership that includes the ability to earn points and exclusive reward offers. Members can then move up to a higher tier based on the number of flights booked within the prior 12 months. As passengers move up, their benefits will increase.
Silver Tier members will receive the same benefits as Green, as well as extra Avios points, priority check-in and boarding, and lounge access. Platinum Tier members can enjoy additional lounge access and benefits, priority waiting list, and complimentary upgrades. Concierge Tier members will receive a designated help desk, companion ticket, guaranteed seating, and complimentary Wi-Fi on select flights.
How to Check In, Leg Room, and Seat Assignment
Aer Lingus offers three ways for passengers to check in for a flight: online, mobile, or airport. Online check-in opens 30 days of the departure day on all routes within Europe and closes at various times based on your departure city. In Ireland, online check-in closes 2 hours before the scheduled flight. For Transatlantic flights, online check-in opens 24 hours prior to departure and closes 2 hours before the flight. Passengers can then print their boarding passes at home.
On European routes, passengers can also check in with the airline's mobile app beginning 30 hours before departure. Mobile check-in closes between 1 hour and 8 hours and 30 minutes based on the departure city. Upon check-in, customers will receive their boarding passes directly on their phones.
Of course, passengers can also check in at the airport either at the ticket counter or on a self-service kiosk. The airline recommends arriving at the airport for check-in at least 3.5 hours before a flight to or from the U.S. and 2 hours before European flights. Airport check-in closes 45-75 minutes prior to departure based on destination.
Aer Lingus assigns passengers a seat at check-in, but the carrier does offer the ability to pre-book if you prefer a certain seat on the plane. Passengers can choose from standard seating, choice seats, exit seats, or premium seats. The fee for booking a seat is $12-$84 per seat.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Aer Lingus allows passengers to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item on every flight. Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 22lbs. and must be within the maximum dimensions of 21.5"x15.5"x9.5" including handles and wheels. Personal items include a small handbag, laptop, or baby changing bag. The maximum dimensions for personal items are 10"x13"x8" including handles and wheels.
For checked baggage, the allowance and fees vary by destination and size. For flights within Europe, passengers can choose from a range of bag sizes to suit their needs. Travelers can save money and have more options by booking baggage online versus the call center or airport. Online, prices range from $24-$78 for bags weighing 33-88lbs.
Service On Board: In-flight Entertainment and Meals
Aer Lingus offers personal screens for every passenger on transatlantic flights. Watch movies, TV shows, or music videos whenever you'd like. You can even play games or use the airline's Wi-Fi or mobile network to stay connected from the air.
The carrier offers a variety of in-flight meal options for a fee. On European flights, passengers can choose from light snacks and sandwiches, as well as soda, beer, and wine. On transatlantic flights, passengers can enjoy a complimentary meal that includes bar service, a hot dinner or lunch with tea and coffee, and a snack or orange juice before landing.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
Aer Lingus welcomes children on board both European and transatlantic flights. Infants up to age 2 can sit on an adult's lap with an infant loop belt. There is a fee of $24 for lap infants on European flights and 10% of the adult fare on flights to North America. Children ages 2-11 must travel in a purchased seat, and the airline offers a discount for children on transatlantic flights. Children ages 12-15 years old should be booked as "Young Adults."
Aer Lingus allows children ages 12-15 years old to travel as unaccompanied minors, but the airline does not offer any special assistance. Children under the age of 12 can only travel with an adult aged 16 years or older.
Aer Lingus accepts pets on board flights, as long as they meet specific requirements. On flights within Europe, pets must be booked through a freight forwarder and will only be permitted to travel in the cargo hold. The maximum weight of the container must not exceed 141lbs. There are a number of dog breeds that are not allowed to travel with Aer Lingus, so you'll want to contact the airline for specific guidelines.
On flights from Ireland to North America, household pets can be booked as excess baggage. The arrangement must be made prior to the flight, and all pets will be subject to a fee of $193. The maximum weight of the container cannot exceed 141lbs.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.