VivaAerobus Cheap Flights
Viva Aerobus is a low-cost airline based in Monterrey, Mexico. It was founded in 2006 and is among the fastest growing carriers in the world. The airline operates 115 flights per day with over 78 routes at some of the lowest rates in Latin America. The carrier is owned by IAMSA, the biggest bus company group in Mexico.
Viva Aerobus operates from its hub at Monterrey International Airport, with a focus city located at Mexico City International Airport.
When you're ready to book a flight with Viva Aerobus, look no further than Skyscanner for the best deals. Download the convenient mobile app and search by cheapest month for the lowest prices anywhere.
From its hub in Monterrey, Viva Aerobus operates a number of flights to cities in both Mexico and the United States. Fly to destinations like:
- Houston, Texas - Arrive in Houston in just 1 hour and 20 minutes on one of 4 monthly flights. Fly for just $204.
- Villahermosa - Fly to Villahermosa for around $81. The airline offers 13 flights per month with a flight time of 2 hours and 5 minutes.
- Puerto Vallarta - In about 1 hour and 35 minutes, arrive in Puerto Vallarta on any of the 36 monthly flights from Monterrey. Find tickets for just $100.
- Cancun - Fly to Cancun and arrive in 2 hours and 15 minutes. The carrier operates 80 flights per month on the route for around $95.
- Mazatlan - Viva Aerobus operates 12 monthly flights to Mazatlan that will cost about $102. Arrive in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Tampico - With a flight time of 1 hour and 5 minutes, flights to Tampico start around $113. The airline offers 44 flights per month.
- Veracruz - Book one of 60 flights to Veracruz and arrive in 1 hour and 35 minutes. Tickets cost about $66.
- Merida - For just $84, fly to Merida on one of 28 monthly flights. Arrive in 2 hours.
- Acapulco - Fly to Acapulco in 1 hour and 45 minutes for about $125. The carrier flies to the city 16 times per month.
- Hermosillo - In just 2 hours and 5 minutes, fly to Hermosillo on any of the 24 monthly flights. Find tickets for as low as $62.
- Ciudad Juarez - Choose from 52 flights per month to Ciudad Juarez and arrive in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Fly for just $78.
Viva Aerobus also flies to multiple destinations from its location at Guadalajara International Airport, including:
- Los Angeles, California - Fly to L.A. in just 3 hours and 20 minutes. Choose from 36 monthly flights for around $219.
- Tampico - Fly to Tampico on any of the 16 flights per month. Arrive in 1 hour and 20 minutes for about $96.
- Tuxtla Gutierrez - Arrive in Tuxtla Gutierrez in just 2 hours when you book one of 24 monthly flights from Guadalajara. Find tickets for only $83.
- Reynosa - For just $85, fly to Reynosa onboard one of 20 flights per month. The flight time is 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Monterrey - The airline offers 48 flights per month to Monterrey that take just 1 hour and 25 minutes. Fly for around $79.
- La Paz - Choose from 28 monthly flights to La Paz for just $52. Arrive in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Mexico City - Fly to Mexico City in 1 hour and 20 minutes on one of the 40 flights per month. Find tickets for as little as $67.
- Tijuana - In about 3 hours and 10 minutes, arrive in Tijuana on any of the 40 monthly flights from Guadalajara. Pay just $94 for a round-trip ticket.
Viva Aerobus flies to a variety of airports located in the United States and Mexico. Find the airline in airports like:
- Los Angeles International Airport; Los Angeles, California - Viva Aerobus is located in Terminal 6.
- Mexico City International Airport; Mexico City, Mexico - Viva Aerobus is located in Terminal 1D.
- General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport; Tijuana, Mexico - Viva Aerobus is located in the Main Terminal.
- Cancun International Airport; Cancun, Mexico - Viva Aerobus is located in Terminal 2.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport; Houston, Texas - Viva Aerobus is located in Terminal D.
- Veracruz International Airport; Veracruz, Mexico - Viva Aerobus is located in the Main Terminal.
- Puerto Vallarta Ordaz Airport; Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco - Viva Aerobus is located in Terminal A.
- Villahermosa International Airport; Villahermosa, Tabasco - Viva Aerobus is located in the Main Terminal.
- Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport; Merida, Yucatán - Viva Aerobus is located in the Main Terminal.
- Abraham González International Airport; Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua - Viva Aerobus is located in the Main Terminal.
Viva Aerobus operates a fleet of 22 Airbus A320 and two Airbus A320neo aircraft. The fleet is the youngest fleet in both Mexico and the region. Its collection of Airbus models can seat up to 180-186 passengers.
Loyalty Programs, Discounts and Miles Promotions
There are currently no loyalty or frequent flyer programs available for Viva Aerobus passengers. For the best deals on all Viva Aerobus flights, be sure to sign up for Skyscanner's price alerts.
How to Check In, Seat Assignment, Leg Room, and Other Fees
The airline recommends arriving at the airport at least 2 hours before domestic flights and 3 hours prior to international flights. The check-in counters close 45 minutes before take-off for domestic flights and 60 minutes before international flights. Be sure to have all necessary documents before you arrive to avoid any delay at the aiport. Once you check in and weigh all baggage, you'll proceed directly to the boarding gate.
Passengers who wish to avoid the line at the airport may print their boarding passes at home via the airline's website and go straight to the boarding gate. Be aware that anyone who has more than one checked bag and one carry-on must check-in at the airport.
Viva Aerobus offers three different seating options on all flight: Standard Seating, Up Front Seating, or More Space Seating. You can select your preferred seat when you make your reservation online, or you can visit the airline's website to choose one up to 4 hours prior to the departure.
The airline only offers one class of seating, where all passengers can enjoy a standard and comfortable 30" seat pitch. Exit row seating offers slightly more leg room if you'd like to pay the additional fee. Passengers on board the Airbus A320neo can enjoy a 33" seat pitch in every seat.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Viva Aerobus offers "Viva Fare Bundles" that give passengers baggage options based on their specific needs. Those who only wish to bring a carry-on bag may choose the VivaLight option, while passengers who need a carry-on and checked bag should choose VivaBasic. VivaSmart passengers will receive a variety of additional benefits, including free seat assignment, priority check-in, priority boarding, and free date changes if necessary.
VivaLight passengers may bring a carry-on bag that does not exceed 22lbs. VivaBasic passengers may also bring the same size carry-on with a checked bag weighing up to 33lbs. VivaSmart passengers can bring a carry-on weighing up to 33lbs. and a checked bag weighing no more than 55lbs.
Oversized baggage will be subject to a fee of $48.50 at the airport. Baggage weighing more than the acceptable amount will also be assessed a fee of $12 per additional kilogram. Extra weight allowance for carry-ons is an extra $25 online and $48.50 at the airport. Extra bags will be subject to a fee of $60-$100 based on weight and whether it is paid online or at the airport.
Service On Board: In-flight Meals
Passengers onboard all Viva Aerobus flights have the option to purchase food and beverages. Choose from a selection of sandwiches, chips, nachos, as well as name-brand sodas and bottled water. You can also buy snacks and juice boxes for younger passengers, while adult passengers may enjoy a beer or liquor.
Child Fares/Fees, Minor Service Guidelines
Viva Aerobus allows passengers traveling with infants to select a Baby Package that includes permission to use a stroller all the way up to the aircraft door. It also allows them to board first, giving ample time to get settled. Those who choose the Baby Package can also bring an additional 22lbs. of luggage on board.
The airline does not allow passengers under the age of 14 to fly alone and does not offer unaccompanied minor service.
Viva Aerobus allows pets to be transported in the passenger cabin. Pets onboard must not exceed 22lbs., including both the pet and carrier. In addition, the maximum size of the carrier is 15.7"x11.8"x7.9". Passengers who wish to bring pets on board will be charged a fee of $42 for domestic flights and $56 for international flights if purchased in advance. At the airport, the rates increase to $52 for domestic routes and $67 for international routes. The airline does not allow pets to be checked as baggage in the cargo compartment.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.